Author Topic: Calling 3inch eBay exhaust guys  (Read 13020 times)

Offline Felton

• GTI forum regular
Calling 3inch eBay exhaust guys
« on: 05 February 2013, 16:03 »
Ok guys so I've fitted the exhaust today and come to the back box it sits really high up in the bumper so I carnt get the tip pipe on how have u guys gone about it or is it just the way I've fitted it cheers for your help guys

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
Re: Calling 3inch eBay exhaust guys
« Reply #1 on: 05 February 2013, 16:50 »
Do you mean can't get the tip on with the standard bumper and valance?
As you won't get it on it isn't a discreet look exhaust ou either need a Anni valance or to cut a hole in your standard one like me and many others have or you can get a 3" downturn that you bolt on in place of the supplied tip.
« Last Edit: 05 February 2013, 16:59 by golfyste »

R-tech custom remap - k04-001- 250bhp/311ftlb  :grin:

"Project track car" has begun :grin:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=247202.0

Offline rio_gti

• I live here
  • "i'm not spending any money on it" Got a Hybrid!
« Reply #2 on: 05 February 2013, 16:53 »
yup standard valance will need cutting, take your time and it will look good... or as golfyste has done get a 3" 45 bend on the end and keep it discreet

2000 GTI 1.8t ARZ, S2000 filter, DSG intake, Forge 007 dv, Catch can, R-tech custom remap, 3" Supersize Silicone TIP, Powerflex dog bone, 'The Beast' FMIC, Ultimate delete, LCR fuel pump, 3" Turbo back, K03 hybrid, Ported Manifold, S3 injectors, 80mm maf = 280bhp 270lbft :evil:

Offline Felton

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 05 February 2013, 17:17 »
Cool thought I'd put it on wrong lol think I mite just leave it without one I won't do any harm not having the back tip on will it guys and it sounds awesome lol

Offline GTi_James

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 05 February 2013, 17:19 »
melted bumper? nah should be alright although to be honest, if you cut the valance it does look quite good especially when its got the diagonal cut to it

Mk4 Golf 1.8t AUM, Wintersports Addition. PiperX panel filter, 008p Forge DV, Toyosports DP 3", Miltek Anni Style CatBack non resonated, APR Sport CAT 200Cell, Catch Can RS4 Reps 18s, OEM R32 front and OEM

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #5 on: 05 February 2013, 17:19 »
Cool thought I'd put it on wrong lol think I mite just leave it without one I won't do any harm not having the back tip on will it guys and it sounds awesome lol

You might melt your bumper/valance, you need to direct the exhaust flow down really.

Offline mar_k

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 05 February 2013, 17:21 »

You might melt your bumper/valance, you need to direct the exhaust flow down really.

It will melt the bumper, My mate did the same thing as he didn't want to cut the valance.

Offline Felton

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 05 February 2013, 17:40 »
Thing is when I say high it means I will have to cut valence and bumper as it sits high up is that rite guys has anyone got a pic of how they have done there's cheers guys

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
« Reply #8 on: 05 February 2013, 18:20 »
Have you put a new exhaust rubber on? Give a week or two and it will settle a bit  :smiley:

R-tech custom remap - k04-001- 250bhp/311ftlb  :grin:

"Project track car" has begun :grin:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=247202.0

Offline Felton

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 05 February 2013, 18:38 »
Yer a new one not the very back but the one after that I have mate lol