Author Topic: Loose front end - semi cured.....or not  (Read 12376 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Loose front end - semi cured.....or not
« on: 30 March 2009, 21:00 »
over the last week or so the front end seems really loose and lacking feeback  :undecided:

the trip to the RR and Spring Fest ws interesting to say the least

it feels as if there's no resistance to the steering?  :huh:  i jacked the car up on Friday afternoon and poked and prodded everything but everything seems nice and tight and nothing was falling off

checked the power steering fluid and that seemed ok - it was on the Max mark on the little dipstick

think i've lost a wheel weight so will be getting the wheels re-balanced tomorrow but i'm after ideas and suggestions

tyre pressures are at 35 psi for the front and have been since i've had the wheels fitted last month
« Last Edit: 26 April 2009, 21:43 by Rhyso »

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: Loose front end
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2009, 21:02 »
over the last week or so the front end seems really loose and lacking feeback  :undecided:

it feels as if there's no resistance to the steering?  :huh:  i jacked the car up on Friday afternoon and poked and prodded everything but everything seems nice and tight and nothing was falling off

checked the power steering fluid and that seemed ok - it was on the Max mark on the little dipstick

think i've lost a wheel weight so will be getting the wheels re-balanced tomorrow but i'm after ideas and suggestions

tyre pressures are at 35 psi for the front and have been since i've had the wheels fitted last month

Try dropping the pressures  :undecided:

Worn bushes?

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Dubbz

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 30 March 2009, 21:04 »
Ball joints?  :undecided:

2002 TDI se 100bhp-ish Auto/tip Black Magic. :cool:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 30 March 2009, 21:05 »

Worn bushes?

i'll try that but why would i suddenly feel it being loose?

think my wishbone bushes are worn and i've already planning to change them - need to finish the bathroom first  :grin: :grin:

also to throw something into the mix i had my discs and pads replaced last week but i still get a rumbling noise when i'm braking  :undecided:

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #4 on: 30 March 2009, 21:09 »

Worn bushes?

think my wishbone bushes are worn and i've already planning to change them - need to finish the bathroom first  :grin: :grin:

also to throw something into the mix i had my discs and pads replaced last week but i still get a rumbling noise when i'm braking  :undecided:

Wishbones I think then.

Rear discs......

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 30 March 2009, 21:10 »

Worn bushes?

Wishbones I think then.

Rear discs......

i'll get those Ebay ones ordered then :afro:

noise is coming from the front  :undecided:

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #6 on: 30 March 2009, 21:11 »
I'd go with wishbones too

Offline johnson6672

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 30 March 2009, 21:12 »
Bearings, bushes, tire pressure seems high, unless your a taxi driver!
MK4 GTI T AGU, REVO Remap, BMC carbon box, Miltek cat back, Forge diverter valve, THS FR3 engine/Gbox mounts, Some random alloys, lowered on coilovers.
192bhp 212lbft torque.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #8 on: 30 March 2009, 21:14 »
Brake noise : Caliper fault? Bearing?  :undecided:

Let me know how you get on with the TT bushes bud  :wink:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #9 on: 30 March 2009, 21:15 »
Bearings, bushes, tire pressure seems high, unless your a taxi driver!

pressures have been ok for the last 1200miles lol

will get it checked out tomorrow as cornering isn't a lot of fun at the moment  :sad:

Will let you know Rich - going to get them ordered tomorrow :afro: