Author Topic: Not Starting  (Read 2672 times)

Offline nedkelly1981

• Just got here
Not Starting
« on: 17 September 2013, 21:06 »
 Hi all

Am new to the fourm but I have had a problem on my mk1 1.8 gti for a year now!!! I am having fueling problems, as normal the filler neck had rotted and all the rubbish has went through the system. I have replaced the filler neck both lifter and main pump, meterhead new injectors and all the lines are clean. However the problem I have is she will either run very lumpy or just run for 30 secs and then cut out!! I just seem to spend most Sundays looking and scratching my head!!

It has me beat!! A friend seems to think its the fuel accumulator, I have done a test on the injectors and the levels of fuel coming through is equal!! I don't have the gear to check the pressure but seems to be a lot as when I slacken off one of the lines from the meterhead it will spray

Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be, I have grey hair from it now, thanks in advance

Offline gazareth

• I live here
Re: Not Starting
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2013, 17:59 »
see if you can keep it running with carb cleaner by carefully spraying it in to airbox. if you can keep it running for longer that way then your gona have to delve in to your fuel system again. if it still cuts out then your problem is elsewhere.

Offline stevotribe

• Just got here
Re: Not Starting
« Reply #2 on: 07 April 2014, 21:05 »
Did you get it going? I am having the same problem