Author Topic: Ordering a new GTD  (Read 7594 times)

Offline Amit92

• Just got here
Ordering a new GTD
« on: 10 September 2015, 14:49 »
Hi guys, I'm finally updating the old Fiesta to a GTD, and I was hoping for some advice on the optional add ons. As a relative novice when it comes to buying a car, I thought this would be the best place to ask.

These are the features I am looking at getting

Pearl Black
Winter Pack (w leather)
Climate Windscreen
DCC
Lane Assist
Parking Pack
Tinted Glass 90%
Tech Pack
Voice Activation for audio
Adv telephone connection
Vienna Leather
Side airbag

Buying the car for the long haul, which is why we have gone feature heavy. I am a bit dubious of the tech pack as I am not sure it is worth it. But otherwise any opinions would be much appreciated.

Cheers
« Last Edit: 10 September 2015, 19:05 by Amit92 »

Offline phazer

• GTI forum regular
Re: Ordering a new GTD
« Reply #1 on: 10 September 2015, 19:28 »
Excellent choice! May I recommend the Sport & Sound pack? You get red brake calipers and also a rather tasty sounding exhaust. I put up some pictures and videos of the sound if you wanted to check it out.

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 10 September 2015, 22:55 »
I've added the Dynaudio for £535.I read a good review on it in What Hi-Fi.Also EVO Mag said (for the money) it's an absolute bargain.We will see.
Also added climate windscreen,advanced phone connection(didn't really want that but as you know- you need to spec it to get the climate windscreen),parking park/park assist.
Ordered mine on the 1st of July.Only just getting built next week.Hopefully get it by mid October. :smiley:
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 11 September 2015, 07:59 »
The tech pack has nav pro so you don't need voice activation as it's standard on pro and surely you don't to spec winter pack for leather as car has standard winter pack anyway. I'd check with your dealer before ordering.
« Last Edit: 11 September 2015, 08:08 by mcmaddy »
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 11 September 2015, 09:52 »
I agree with Phazer - Sport & Sound pack is excellent value for money - sound is awesome.  Check Phazers photos & video out if he'll share where these are located hopefully.
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #5 on: 11 September 2015, 10:57 »
Climate window... I used to have Fords with this.

If you are somewhere where your car gets heavily frosted windscreen, its very good but the side windows still need scraping, it honestly doesn't save you much time.

It used to be standard on the Fords I had, I don't think I'd have paid to spec it.

The advanced phone prep is pretty worthless too.

Personally, I'd save the money.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline phazer

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 11 September 2015, 16:36 »
I agree with Phazer - Sport & Sound pack is excellent value for money - sound is awesome.  Check Phazers photos & video out if he'll share where these are located hopefully.

haha sorry I thought they were in a separate thread but they're not. See the link below, my reply #181

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=259570.180

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 11 September 2015, 20:42 »
Thanks for the re-share phazer - that may help others make their mind up as to if they want the Sport & Sound pack to give that awesome sound.
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 14 September 2015, 22:39 »
I've added the Dynaudio for £535.

The tech pack comes with Dynaudio which makes it a decent option as I had to add these 2 separately.

Like McMaddy has said, the winter pack is standard on the GTD/I now so just beware in case they are trying to charge you for it. So I don't know what you are getting extra with leather. You always got heated seats free with leather so the winter pack just added heated washer jets.

If I was re ordering mine I'd definitely stick with Sport & Sound pack and rear view camera.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Websta24

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 16 September 2015, 10:27 »
Surely sport and sound is only an audible difference in the cabin?

Gotta say i listened to those vids and didn't hear a great difference...i think its a placebo