Author Topic: Shock absorber,GTD  (Read 2572 times)

Offline barryg

• Not said much yet
Shock absorber,GTD
« on: 16 July 2014, 12:02 »
Hi my GTD has done 1500 miles and a week ago noticed fluid drops on my drive smelled oily so took car to dealers and have been informed that the shock absorber is faulty?(drivers side front) will replace tommorrow and as with a lot of other folks the spoiler trim is loose back order since June 10 starting to wish i had kept my scirocco.

Offline Ross Detours

• GTI forum regular
Re: Shock absorber,GTD
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2014, 14:32 »
Think about the number of parts required to make a new car. Shocks and trim are easy to fix and it's all still under warranty so dry your eyes and enjoy your new motor! haha  :wink:

Offline barryg

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 16 July 2014, 15:16 »
you may be right?but still don,t expect parts to fail with so little mileage ,least i don,t.On reflection had to have £2000 warranty work on the Scirocco after a faulty download buggered the engine,ill take your advice and try to keep smiling.

Offline Ross Detours

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 16 July 2014, 15:18 »
You're right, it would be nice not have to trek back and forth to dealers for warranty work but it could be a lot worse! Stick a DTUK box on it and that's sure to put a smile on your face!

Offline corgi

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 16 July 2014, 16:55 »
I'm sure this has been used before...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathtub_curve

Also, dampers are not a VW part, I would wager...

Carbon Grey Metallic, GTD 3 Door Manual, Dynaudio and Advanced Phone Prep
In the Garage: 2010 Jaguar XKR 5.0 Supercharged Convertible replaced 2004 911 (996) Carrera 4S Cabriolet (15/3/15)

Offline barryg

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 17 July 2014, 22:48 »
Shock absorber fitted today all seems ok,would of cost £185.56 if not covered by warranty only took an hour,ever said if it was vw part or not i just presumed i was just waiting for my spoiler bit now.