Author Topic: Tyre Pressure Warning Light  (Read 4485 times)

Offline AdmiralGant

• Not said much yet
Tyre Pressure Warning Light
« on: 23 January 2014, 13:25 »
Hi,

I had covered about 150 miles today when a warning message came up between the dials and a beep - but traffic was heavy on the M6 so I could not read it before it went, then the yellow tyre pressure warning light was on. I limped to a service area nearby off the motorway, all 4 tyres looked and felt normal.

I rang the dealer who supplied the car and the person did not seem to really know, saying if it does not look like a punchure, just check the tyre pressures and then reset the system.

I did that and it has not come back on for the next 50 miles driven.

Anyone else had this happen? - would the heat of high speed driving set it off too as I guess the pressure may change and is the sensor too sensitive?
Fleet

On Order - BMW 330d M Sport with M Sport Plus pack, voodoo lights, adaptive cruise, dampers - Battleship

Decommissioned 20/1/16 - GTD Mk 7 DSG 5dr Carbon Grey, ACC, Winter Pack, Class - Pocket Battleship (Flagship) - commissioned 21/1/14

Seat Ibiza FR TDI 130, Flame Red, Class - Frigate - commissioned 01/09/07

Suzuki Jimny 1.3 JLX+, quasar grey, Class - destroyer - commissioned 30/11/08

Suzuki Bandit 650, red, Class - covette - commissioned 01/09/05

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
Re: Tyre Pressure Warning Light
« Reply #1 on: 23 January 2014, 14:01 »
Theres a thread on the main board about this - http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=260009.0

Has happened to a fair few(inc me) - not a problem, just rest TPM system
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline AdmiralGant

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2014, 15:28 »
Thanks very much Peter - phew !  :smiley:
Fleet

On Order - BMW 330d M Sport with M Sport Plus pack, voodoo lights, adaptive cruise, dampers - Battleship

Decommissioned 20/1/16 - GTD Mk 7 DSG 5dr Carbon Grey, ACC, Winter Pack, Class - Pocket Battleship (Flagship) - commissioned 21/1/14

Seat Ibiza FR TDI 130, Flame Red, Class - Frigate - commissioned 01/09/07

Suzuki Jimny 1.3 JLX+, quasar grey, Class - destroyer - commissioned 30/11/08

Suzuki Bandit 650, red, Class - covette - commissioned 01/09/05

Offline monkeytennis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 03 June 2014, 13:31 »
Same thing happened to me on Friday. After around 90 mins on the motorway, tyre pressure warning comes on, slow down and stop to check at next services but all appears ok. Checking tyre pressures when cold the next day rears are bang on the 36 psi in the manual and the fronts are both at 34.5 psi (minimal deviation from 36 in the manual) . Done this journey many times in the 7k the car is up to and never happened before. Disappointing as the same system in my Octavia has saved me twice with slow punctures and has never faulted in 80k, makes be doubt the reliability of the Golf system.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 03 June 2014, 18:06 »
Could be caused by the abs sensor being faulty as that's what the tyre pressure system uses.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 03 June 2014, 19:59 »
Funnily enough mine came on today after about 60 miles. First time I've ever seen it but when I got home the pressures where all were you'd expect them to be (slightly up with the warmer air). I'll reset it tomorrow and keep and eye on it.

mjh_056

« Reply #6 on: 05 June 2014, 10:13 »
Hi,

I had covered about 150 miles today when a warning message came up between the dials and a beep - but traffic was heavy on the M6 so I could not read it before it went, then the yellow tyre pressure warning light was on. I limped to a service area nearby off the motorway, all 4 tyres looked and felt normal.

I rang the dealer who supplied the car and the person did not seem to really know, saying if it does not look like a punchure, just check the tyre pressures and then reset the system.

I did that and it has not come back on for the next 50 miles driven.

Anyone else had this happen? - would the heat of high speed driving set it off too as I guess the pressure may change and is the sensor too sensitive?

Happened to me to in first 200 miles and imagine it is just the TPM is set to new tyres and as they get used the pressure settles and trips the TPM.

Check the tyres obviously and then reset the TPM and like rest of us who have had this you do not see it again.