Author Topic: Well I'm calling this extreme GTI 16V makeover LOL!  (Read 97393 times)

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Re: Well I'm calling this extreme GTI 16V makeover LOL!
« Reply #240 on: 08 June 2012, 18:13 »
Jay, gettin closer buddy.

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #241 on: 08 June 2012, 18:20 »
Haaa yeah shame I'm flat out at work at the moment, but suits me its been raining and gale force winds
Even put the mansoon car cover over it this week! It did blew off a few times down here on the hill its bloody gales  :grin:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #242 on: 08 June 2012, 18:21 »
Its gales were I am bud. Nearly lost a mk4 bonnet of a customers car today. As long as ur progressin its a good thing buddy

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #243 on: 10 June 2012, 08:13 »
Solid work on this mate! I have learnt a few things reading your thread too, which is always a bonus!

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #245 on: 10 June 2012, 16:54 »
Fog lights they are a pain in the arse  :grin:
I had one imaculate brand new lense with no projector (Drivers)
Another good lense no projector  (Drivers)
Two broken lenses good projectors (Pass&Drivers)
Various projectors some good some bad!
I think I had four fogs with something wrong with them so today set them out to make one good drivers side Fog!
The trick is to easy any projector out of the small tabs without breaking them!
I use two flat head screw drivers to angle them out whilst screw out the adjuster otherwise the tension on them will never budge!

You can see I'm missing an adjuster which are not easy to remove so I butcherd one with a mini cutter, once they have been inserted they will not come out unless you cut the surround shroud. I didnt mind butchering the lense housing as they were smashed lenses and of no use! 

The final result one perfect fog!

Just won the nearside Passengers side so will wait untill that arrives to assess the damage on it for overhalling!

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
« Reply #246 on: 10 June 2012, 17:07 »
Have to agree Fog lights are a real PITA to get a decent set with all the clips unbroken... I must have 20 in the garage and I bet I would be lucky to get 2 full sets from them...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #247 on: 10 June 2012, 17:10 »
Aye Ken its delicate work I hate when some idiot glues the projector bulb housing  :shocked: How are they gonna change the bulbs?  :rolleyes:
I might have a spare drivers one for your misses not for you but gotta take care of the ladies now  :grin:

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
« Reply #248 on: 10 June 2012, 17:14 »
Aye Ken its delicate work I hate when some idiot glues the projector bulb housing  :shocked: How are they gonna change the bulbs?  :rolleyes:
I might have a spare drivers one for your misses not for you but gotta take care of the ladies now  :grin:

Creep.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Like I said no point on her car she don't understand what fog lights are for... :lipsrsealed:

Lovely as she is - not the brightest firework in the box when it comes to cars... :evil:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!