Author Topic: Clubsport 40 value  (Read 18833 times)

Offline 245PS

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport 40 value
« Reply #20 on: 26 May 2020, 10:20 »
245PS, are you a member of the Clubsport Facebook group?
A wanted ad on there would yield results I’m sure.

Last year Clubsports weren’t fetching great money and I saw a few change hands for around £21K. These cars are about.
Conversely I had a mad moment and part exchanged mine for a TCR last October, mine was a fairly basic spec manual 5 door with Pretorias and the dealership sold mine within a very short space of time advertised at £28k (albeit it was very low mileage and absolutely mint condition).

There is/was one up for sale privately fairly local to me (a member on here) But it’s quite highly modified and manual. I’m assuming you’re after a high spec standard car?

Yes I'd only buy a standard car, thanks I'll check the FB group out.

Offline 245PS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 26 May 2020, 10:22 »
Regarding buckets with 3 door or 5 door. 3 door is a pain in the arse if I am being honest and that’s with two teenagers. Basically the seat position does not slide automatically when Tilting the front seat back to access the back seats and you have to manually slide the seat and the angle of tilt is also small. If you have young children with car seats that you need to change get a 5 door and if you have toddlers the shiny black reads of the seats will not look good unless you take their shoes off. But I love the seats but you lose practicality.

My boys are 5 and nearly 7, so get themselves in/out. 5 door I have no doubt will be best, but if 3 door I could leave the passenger seat slid forward, so when I tilt it there is room for them to get in/out?

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 26 May 2020, 13:03 »
Regarding buckets with 3 door or 5 door. 3 door is a pain in the arse if I am being honest and that’s with two teenagers. Basically the seat position does not slide automatically when Tilting the front seat back to access the back seats and you have to manually slide the seat and the angle of tilt is also small. If you have young children with car seats that you need to change get a 5 door and if you have toddlers the shiny black reads of the seats will not look good unless you take their shoes off. But I love the seats but you lose practicality.

My boys are 5 and nearly 7, so get themselves in/out. 5 door I have no doubt will be best, but if 3 door I could leave the passenger seat slid forward, so when I tilt it there is room for them to get in/out?

The bucket seats in our mk5 r32 requires the front seat to be quite far back so the seat clears the roof

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 26 May 2020, 13:45 »

The bucket seats in our mk5 r32 requires the front seat to be quite far back so the seat clears the roof

That’s not the case in the MK7 guys, the bucket seat will still clear the headliner even in its highest and furthest forward position.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline 245PS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 26 May 2020, 19:23 »

Conversely I had a mad moment and part exchanged mine for a TCR last October

How does it compare?

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 26 May 2020, 20:51 »
I would search Exonian’s previous posts, he’s written several excellent comparison reviews but his view may be different to yours. Based on the specification you want my advice is go for the TCR; for only a few thousand more you’ll get a more recent car, perhaps close to 3 years newer, more equipment some of which was not standard or even available on the ED40. All the benefits of the Facelift model, perhaps even Akrapovic exhaust.

If you want a car to mollycoddle, pamper and you only do a few miles buy the ED40. If you do average mileage and your car will be a workhorse buy a TCR. There’s plenty of choice at the moment. Plus you’ll get a manufacturers warranty.

Each to their own.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 26 May 2020, 21:52 »
@245PS; bear in mind that many TCR’s had a list price in excess of £40k when new, so those cars will attract the additional annual VED levy of (currently) £325 per year for five years from the end of the first year’s registration, in addition to the standard VED rate of (currently) £150.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline 245PS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 26 May 2020, 21:59 »
Crikey I wouldn’t want to pay £475/year to tax a Golf.

It will be my daily driver, but I don’t do huge miles, and I do like to mollycoddle my cars, hence I like them to be a bit special in the first place.

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 27 May 2020, 11:12 »
My golf GTi is €570 to tax in Ireland every year and our roads are shocking !
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 27 May 2020, 11:25 »
Wow that is not good at all!!!
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG