Author Topic: mk2 golf gti 1.8 8v (new pic page 2)  (Read 3849 times)

Offline rich1977

• Here all the time
mk2 golf gti 1.8 8v (new pic page 2)
« on: 29 May 2011, 22:59 »
well after selling the bora to the first viewer this evening I decided to take the plunge and go and buy the more door I had spotted up the road from me.

car is in realy good condition very little rust, realy solid shell interior is spotless, tax and test, couple of problems need sorting but cant complain for what I payed.

anyway quick pic

first of all got to sort the brakes, probably upgrade to 16v hubs ect, then she wants droping on her arse.
« Last Edit: 22 June 2011, 22:55 by rich1977 »
Www.Internet-ink.co.uk voucher code RL15 for 15% off all pens,toners and ink cartridges including cannon Epsom dell and hp.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: back in a mk2 the boras gone. golf gti 1.8 8v
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2011, 23:00 »
looks good :afro:

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2011, 23:03 »
NIIIICEEE  :smiley:

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2011, 23:10 »
Sweet  :cool:

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2011, 11:01 »
Deeply saddened to hear the bora has gone :( good to see you bought the best looking golf tho bud :D I still kinda miss my 3dr black mk2 gti!!

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2011, 12:43 »
Sweeeeeeet! Slammed mk2 more doors seem to be the way

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2011, 14:01 »
nice looking motor!  :cool:

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2011, 14:09 »
Ha ha, nice one Rich. I knew you would be back in one mate! Nice find.

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2011, 10:49 »
Congratulations, i see you got your testicles back from the missus  :cool: :grin:

Offline rich1977

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 05 June 2011, 20:57 »
cheers for possitive replys people, had a right rough week due to brother being a right arse over his missis he's just split up with (what is it with young lads these days thinking its the end of the world when a bit of skirt leaves).

anyway on top of that the golf has been a bit of a pain, monday my battery was flat and after trying to charge it and then fitting a new battery turned out to be screwed imobiliser. so used the opurtunity to drag brother down and pull dash out and re-wire my loom and get rid of the bloody thing also kept bros mind in a stable ish place.

with battery out we found this lovely mess, all inner wing wash covered in some horible wax like substance, that had collected 20 years of dirt.

after a quick scrub in came up like this but no amount of polish would lift the paint.

decided to give the afected area a few coats of hamerite after sanding down all the rust, going to spray over it next week with some matt black paint we have at work that gives a really nice finnish and continue this around the rest of the bay as i slowly remove bits

also durring the week to keep bro ocupied we have given her new spark plugs , dropped the oil, and replaced for fully synth mobil one, o.e oil filter, new air filter, coolant change and flush, and brand new radiator fan switch as old one was buggered.

also fitted new rocker cover gasket as it was weeping oil, so decided to give it a lick of paint today while it was off.

loads of cleaning work to be done this week then can move on to getting her dropped

« Last Edit: 05 June 2011, 20:59 by rich1977 »
Www.Internet-ink.co.uk voucher code RL15 for 15% off all pens,toners and ink cartridges including cannon Epsom dell and hp.