Author Topic: milltek  (Read 5217 times)

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: milltek
« Reply #20 on: 05 October 2008, 17:14 »
lol i know might fit some mirrors to my sills so i can see it everytime i get in the car  :grin: :grin: :laugh:

Well worth it tho IMO  :wink: Only wish i got it sooner  :evil:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 06 October 2008, 08:44 »
Thats what im gonna get AMD quoted £387 for that I thought it was cheaper than that.  :smiley:
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #22 on: 06 October 2008, 08:59 »
Thats what im gonna get AMD quoted £387 for that I thought it was cheaper than that.  :smiley:

shop around - prices tend to vary quite a bit - ideally you want a fitted price  :wink:

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 06 October 2008, 09:32 »

shop around - prices tend to vary quite a bit - ideally you want a fitted price  :wink:

There was free fitting on the Miltek system from AMD so I suppose thats why they charge £387 really oh and its £49 for the lower valence to except the twin outlets.  :smiley:
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #24 on: 06 October 2008, 09:35 »

There was free fitting on the Miltek system from AMD so I suppose thats why they charge £387 really oh and its £49 for the lower valence to except the twin outlets.  :smiley:

try the dealer for the lower valence - might be a couple of quid cheaper  :wink:

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 06 October 2008, 09:36 »

try the dealer for the lower valence - might be a couple of quid cheaper  :wink:

Good idea ill try that mate does that lower rear valence just unclip then?  :huh:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #26 on: 06 October 2008, 09:37 »

Good idea ill try that mate does that lower rear valence just unclip then?  :huh:
[/quote]

not removed one myself but i think there's a couple of screws each side in the rear arch liners and then it unclips

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 06 October 2008, 09:42 »

not removed one myself but i think there's a couple of screws each side in the rear arch liners and then it unclips
[/quote]

Cool cheers mate ill see how much VW quote and ill fit it myself before I get the exhaust done.  :smiley:.

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
  • Money, b!tches And Boost
« Reply #28 on: 06 October 2008, 09:58 »
which style system is that mate the 4mo one? thats what I got, gives a lovely free flowig air sound
Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #29 on: 06 October 2008, 10:01 »

Cool cheers mate ill see how much VW quote and ill fit it myself before I get the exhaust done.  :smiley:.

you will have to do a little bit of cutting as the towing eye is in a different place on the 4mo to the the other golfs but its not a big job