Author Topic: New MY19 GTI Collected  (Read 6778 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: New MY19 GTI Collected
« Reply #10 on: 07 March 2019, 12:36 »
In the A3 range there is no GTi equivalent these days.  It must be 7+ years, (days of Mk6 Golf) when Audi dropped the 2.0T engine.  I would hope you noticed the step up from 150 bhp to 245 bhp  :laugh:.  I've noticed the difference from 230 bhp 6spd DSG to 245 bhp 7 spd DSG, the extra gear seems to give the engine some greater flexibility.  Still trying to decide if the enhanced engine/exhaust sound is real or in some ways engineered (I think only the R has a sound actuator but I maybe wrong).
Agree the one area of the cabin which is a (minor) let down are the heater vents.  Audi with their circular vents have always been a step ahead.  I still need to play around with Dynaudio (only picked my car up on Sunday) so will check out Dynamic. 
Personally I never use ACC (I like being in 100% control).  My car has the auto-dip headlight (I'm sure VW give it a snazzy name).  It's fine at dipping when cars are oncoming but it doesn't dip if there are rear headlights ahead - hence not using that anymore.
The ride is fine.  I'm on 19 inch Brescias too and keep other settings in Sport mode (not gears as they are manic in S-mode).  No DCC and not missing what I don't have!  I can imagine the ride is a little on the harsh side for some but I like being in-touch with the road.  It's definitely not jarring.
Apple CarPlay is excellent - the USB location is a bit fiddly so now just keep a cable permanently in.  It's quite funny to see Waze icons on such a large screen. 
For me the advances from a Mk7 GTi to a Mk7.5 GTi have justified the change.  I passed 200 miles today so still running in.   Still need to play around on digital dash settings (where's the smaller dials option as seen on the demonstrator I drove?)

The sound is more exhaust than fake compared to my FL 2017 std GTI was. And deeper and louder. Only really ever hear the fake noise in Sport mode so I've set Individual up to replicate Sport without sound and steering.

For the smaller dial, if you select navigation then press ok when its on the map it makes the dial smaller and remembers this each time you restart - this is my normal view.

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 07 March 2019, 17:36 »
I’ve owned 2 S3’s and have always preferred my VW’s the Audi’s.
I prefer the Vw brand over the Audi brand.

Absolutely agree. My Gti’s ride have all been better than the S3. Also prefer the Vw brand. It’s still been a great car though but I just love a VW.
« Last Edit: 07 March 2019, 17:39 by king monkey »
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Peter_S

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 07 March 2019, 19:53 »
Mutley75, very interesting, thanks.

What has your dealer experience been like so far with this car?

Peter_S
MY16 5-door Carbon Grey DSG PP DCC Michelin PS4S (March 2019) on 19” Santiagos Discover Media (Gen 2) Car-Net App-Connect (Apple CarPlay)

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 07 March 2019, 20:37 »
Audi dropped the 2.0 engine in favour of a 1.8 but that was dropped last year for a 2.0 again - due to WLTP.  You can get a 2.0 A3 Sport but not yet in S-Line (again WLTP). The 2.0 Quattro isn’t back on sale either yet.

Have to say that if Audi did an A3 saloon with the 245 petrol engine, I would have been very tempted when I got mine (67 plate).
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 07 March 2019, 20:47 »
Audi dropped the 2.0 engine in favour of a 1.8 but that was dropped last year for a 2.0 again - due to WLTP.  You can get a 2.0 A3 Sport but not yet in S-Line (again WLTP). The 2.0 Quattro isn’t back on sale either yet.

Have to say that if Audi did an A3 saloon with the 245 petrol engine, I would have been very tempted when I got mine (67 plate).

Odd as you can get it in the A4 but its Quattro and £40k!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 07 March 2019, 22:14 »
Mutley75, very interesting, thanks.

What has your dealer experience been like so far with this car?

Peter_S

Dealer experience was fine. I test drove the GTI back in August but wasn’t ready to change at the time. Placed the original order over the phone, thereafter did other odd bits (like changing the wheel spec 15 times) via email. Always very accommodating, matched the Drive the Deal price without any resistance, kept me informed and all went fine and on schedule. Didn’t offer me a great trade-in price so I posted on Piston Heads. Didn’t have a sniff from the public but a nice chap from an Audi dealership expressed an interest for group stock. Came to my house yesterday to look at it, paid off the balance of my PCP with the change going into my bank account and collecting tomorrow. No hassle and got nearly a grand more than VW we’re going to give me. Highly recommended. He gave me his details so if anyone has a car to sell, I’m happy to pass them on so he can give you a quote. Very fair and genuine.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 07 March 2019, 22:16 »
Enjoy your new motor, some pics would have been good.

Also, Matrix LED AFIK is an Audi only system. Although variable don't think the Golfs LEDs are as advanced as the premium Matrix system. I might be wrong.

Having just driven a 100 mile round trip on some rural B roads and a bit of dual carriageway I am happy to report the GTI Matrix LEDs are simply awesome and every bit as good as what I’ve seen in Audi. I drove back without touching the lights once. I wasn’t flashed and it doesn’t dazzle cars you’re behind either. Very very impressive.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 07 March 2019, 22:18 »

Odd as you can get it in the A4 but its Quattro and £40k!

Sorry I didn’t mean they dropped the engine, it’s just not available in the A3 as they’re STILL going through WLTP certification for all their models. Loved my Audi. But love my GTI more 😬

Offline Deano07

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 07 March 2019, 22:43 »
I like Muttley75 just sold my 17 plate Audi S4 saloon to the   Lookers Audi group. Fair price, no hassle at all. Even came to my house and pick car up. Would recommend them any time. But stay well away from Arnold Clark. Bunch of liars and robbers
Audi 2017 S4 Saloon. VW 2018 T Roc  soon to go

Offline Bullfinch

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 08 March 2019, 15:34 »
The sound is more exhaust than fake compared to my FL 2017 std GTI was. And deeper and louder. Only really ever hear the fake noise in Sport mode so I've set Individual up to replicate Sport without sound and steering.

For the smaller dial, if you select navigation then press ok when its on the map it makes the dial smaller and remembers this each time you restart - this is my normal view.

Thanks for explaining this.  I do now recall in my demonstrator drive pressing OK a couple of times to make dials smaller or larger.  Your DIS also shows what happens when you are low on fuel.  It shows up in the gauge.  Yet to see this as I've only topped up once immediately on leaving the dealers last weekend. 
Daily: Mk7.5 GTi PP DSG, Weekend: 911 997 Gen 2 Carrera 4S