Author Topic: So.... I'm finally getting my test drive....  (Read 2784 times)

Offline asm1

• Not said much yet
So.... I'm finally getting my test drive....
« on: 13 September 2016, 20:51 »
Yep  after long and protracted attempts to get a drive in a GTD DSG, my dealer finally got in touch today to let me know I can have one to play with next Monday between 10am and 4 pm.  He's also going to give me a progress update on my car.

Funnily enough I actually ordered my car before the Drive - they had a 5 Door DSG GTD in Black on their lot when I initially went to make enquiries.  I sat in it and it felt great, But they couldn't let me DRIVE it because it belonged to VW fleet.  Despite the dealers attempts to borrow the car for me to have a play with it, VW Fleet actually sold the car, which aggravated both him and VW UK as they were not supposed to - it was the only one in Scotland.  The irony of it was that there were "plenty of manual GTD's" but absolutely no DSG's, which to me is pretty cr@p but hey ho.

Anyway, it will whet my appetite for my own car  :grin:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: So.... I'm finally getting my test drive....
« Reply #1 on: 14 September 2016, 07:31 »
Hope you like it! I am sure that you will.

Funny though with this, when I wanted a test drive I couldn't find one without DSG!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline asm1

• Not said much yet
Re: So.... I'm finally getting my test drive....
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2016, 19:33 »
Hope you like it! I am sure that you will.

Funny though with this, when I wanted a test drive I couldn't find one without DSG!

Lol that's typical  :laugh: yes I plan to enjoy, got my insurance covernote in the mail this morning for Monday so it looks like it is happening :wink: