Author Topic: DTUK CRD-T BOX -- GTD 240BHP??  (Read 69492 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: DTUK CRD-T BOX -- GTD 240BHP??
« Reply #20 on: 02 June 2014, 20:45 »
How's everyone getting on with their boxes? All still going well, enjoying?

My car is nicely broken in so thinking of going for one soon. I'm finding the GTD is actually quick enough for me, but the idea of being a bit more effortless in putting some power down is appealing.

Still loving mine, it has transformed the car's performance beyond 2nd gear.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 03 June 2014, 09:19 »
Good to hear, thanks dude. I'll have to re-read your earlier reviews now that I have car to compare against :)

Offline morphman82

• Just got here
« Reply #22 on: 17 June 2014, 11:08 »
So just to be clear are people buying the DTUK box POWER+ (230BHP) at £389 RRP or the CRD-T ULTIMATE CONTROL (240BHP) @ £395 RRP

Who has what one and what are the differences for installation/removal??

Offline Andrew@DTUK

• Forum Supporter
  • Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 17 June 2014, 12:46 »
So just to be clear are people buying the DTUK box POWER+ (230BHP) at £389 RRP or the CRD-T ULTIMATE CONTROL (240BHP) @ £395 RRP

Who has what one and what are the differences for installation/removal??

no, members are buying the CRD-T (240PS) for £365.95 as we offer additional discounts to members
Are you looking to tune your Golf GTI or GTD? Were currently offering members £80 off the full RRP on all DTUK Petrol and Diesel Tuning Systems.

PM me for the discount code

Offline morphman82

• Just got here
« Reply #24 on: 23 June 2014, 13:41 »
Thanks Andrew - will get my CRD-T ordered today then :)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 05 July 2014, 18:04 »
I briefly had my box on 4+0 but it seemed to be a little thirstier than 4+1 and a little duller in the initial response when you put your foot down. Drove down to Hartlepool today (34 miles). Due to the traffic, I could just about maintain 70mph for most of the journey, 21C ambient temp and the car did 51mpg (indicated). I was slightly underwhelmed by the mpg, considering the saintly drive down, and put the box back to 4+1. Drove back 4 hours later and it was 80-85mph all the way, including some hard acceleration along the slip-road to the A19, car managed 52mpg home. In reality the mpg for both ways was probably the same as I expect the box was over-reading indicated mpg marginally more on 4+1 than 4+0.

My commute to work all this week has been a solid 54mpg (indicated), and I haven't been sparing the horses. I managed to get the back end to kick out a little when I pulled away and turned on a staggered crossroads in Gosforth. I really didn't think the car cuold ever do that in the dry, even with Bridgestones on.

4+1 is what i'm sticking with.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline TheCarMadDad

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 08 July 2014, 14:52 »
Just ordered my box 2 mins ago... Canna friggin wait!!!! 240ps here we come  :laugh:
2014 Mk7 Golf GTD 5dr | Tornado Red | Keyless Entry | Climate Comfort Screen > Which means I also have the ATP. Also fitted with DTUK Stage 2 box ...Loving every second behind the wheel!

Previous...
2008 Toyota Prius T Spirit (fastest 0-15mph car I have ever owned :p )
2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SW
2003 Lexus IS300
2002 Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 08 July 2014, 15:20 »
Just ordered my box 2 mins ago... Canna friggin wait!!!! 240ps here we come  :laugh:

Mind you'd your YouTube upload ha
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline TheCarMadDad

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 08 July 2014, 16:59 »
Don't worry I'll get a vid up ha!
2014 Mk7 Golf GTD 5dr | Tornado Red | Keyless Entry | Climate Comfort Screen > Which means I also have the ATP. Also fitted with DTUK Stage 2 box ...Loving every second behind the wheel!

Previous...
2003 Lexus IS300
2002 Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline TheCarMadDad

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 09 July 2014, 17:05 »
Sooo... The box arrived today. Have to say I'm very impressed with the service. Went on the live chat on the website around 2:30pm yesterday, ordered by 3pm and it arrived on my doorstep at 9:10am today!

Very happy with the quality box it comes in and the clear instructions also. Took me about 15-20 mins to install, I could've probably done it quicker but I wasn't in a rush and went through everything a few times before attempting.

I put it in 4+1 (as recommended by monkeyhanger). First time I started the engine I admit I had my fingers crossed. However, everything worked seamlessly. As for the extra power, only two words.... H*ly Sh*t!!!! It just wants to go all the time! 2nd and 3rd (for me) are a right hoot!!! 6th now has some oomph behind it where as before it was very lacklustre. It definitely feels a lot more nippy on it's toes. Economy wise I can't comment yet as I've only done a few miles with it on.

So First impressions are very good. I'm gonna be doing some testing with the box vs standard set up - am I right in thinking that the blanking plug reverts the car back to standard form if I take the box off but leave the cable in?

Lastly I was a bit concerned I was gonna connect the wrong plug to the wrong sensor, I'm guessing these can only go in one way? The rail and boost plug both look very similar?

Anyways, happy as a pig in sh*t :D

Previous...
2003 Lexus IS300
2002 Seat Leon Cupra R