Author Topic: GTI Owners... Average MPG?  (Read 7802 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: GTI Owners... Average MPG?
« Reply #20 on: 22 December 2014, 20:32 »
25 mpg for me but I didn't buy it for fuel economy. Sometimes it touches 30mpg on a motorway run of distance. I will cover around 6K this year.

Very pleased with the price of fuel at the moment !

Oh good, somebody averaging less than me  :grin:
ye but booth that's an ed35 yours isn't meaning you have heavy right foot syndrome  :evil:

Haha, I forgot Peters' is an ed35

Ah well, guilty as charged then  :kiss:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #21 on: 22 December 2014, 21:09 »
Over 5 years and 13k miles

:shocked:   Barely worth getting it out of the garage.

I'll have had my Mk2 for 5 years in February. I've done 3,400 miles in it.  :laugh:

Yeah but your mk2 is a show car.

Nobody has a mk6 gti as just a show car   :tongue: :grin:
Im sorry that me having more than one car and me spreading my mileage between them depending on what im doing or what im carrying or towing or the weather is so upsetting to you.
I could sell them all as they aren't worth a great deal and that should just about cover the cost to jump on the latest mk7R band wagen but I would get bored of driving the same car day in, day out within a few months.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #22 on: 22 December 2014, 21:10 »
shall we get back on topic  :whistle:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #23 on: 22 December 2014, 21:13 »
Back on topic. If you want to know average mk6 GTI MPG do a search its been covered many times before  :tongue:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 22 December 2014, 22:50 »
Im sorry that me having more than one car and me spreading my mileage between them depending on what im doing or what im carrying or towing or the weather is so upsetting to you.
I could sell them all as they aren't worth a great deal and that should just about cover the cost to jump on the latest mk7R band wagen but I would get bored of driving the same car day in, day out within a few months.

Snoopy, I have no issue with however many cars you own, or how and when you choose to drive them.  Come on, it's just a bit of lighthearted banter  :huh:  Certainly no offence intended.  You're lucky to have a great choice of cars at your disposal. 

If I only wanted a 7R to 'jump on the bandwagon', I'd have got one by now. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline ethmanp

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 23 December 2014, 10:57 »
I've not long had mine back with a new engine put in. Turbo, gearbox etc has 50K miles on. Before the new engine I was getting around 26-28 average.

Obviously I haven't been blasting it recently but since the new engine and geometry check, over 300miles I've averaged 31MPG thats with driving in the town and a couple of 30mile B road journeys!

09 Gti, Black Pearl, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Miltek Catback, APR Stage 1 intake

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 23 December 2014, 15:46 »
Lighten up snoopy it's banter not ment to be offensive chap Christmas cheer and all that  :laugh:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 23 December 2014, 16:48 »
I'm always amused when reading about fuel consumption of petrol cars. I know you don't buy a GTI for it's fuel consumption, but for the vast majority of the time when you can't make any more progress than the line of crawling traffic in front, you might as well have the benefit of an engine that's just sipping tiny amounts of fuel.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Poached

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 23 December 2014, 17:47 »
It will do 40 on a run, maybe a bit more driven carefully.

28-33 in day to day driving.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #29 on: 24 December 2014, 08:25 »

I posted this a while back. Not bad for a 15 mile commute.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI