Author Topic: Alloy wheel repairs  (Read 2100 times)

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
Alloy wheel repairs
« on: 21 March 2004, 20:38 »
Just used the services of a mobile alloy wheel repairer in the Lincoln area. He has done a great job on ht echunk taken out of my new alloy, at a reasonable price.
This guy is used by many of the main dealers, including Audi, so I thought it was a good recomendation.

The company is called Chipsaway and the mobile number is 07977502644

I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Offline gazzagtiT

• Here all the time
  • Houston, we hav a pic here!!
Re:Alloy wheel repairs
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2004, 21:29 »
There's a place called chips away round the corner from me, there great so cheap but still do a good job!! Just before i sold my s@#o i took it there for bump an scratch on the rear passenger bumper touched up some interior scuffs AND gave each alloy a good clean an paint job all for ?150 and three other garages had already given me quotes for just the scratch comin up to ?300!!!!!

Other visits hav included me going for a quote from scratches an he ended up GIVEN me small tub of black touch up paint and some compound stuff to remove tiny scratches! How many garages give away paint and still spent 20min removing some hair line scratches around the keylock!
Adam: has the comp ur talking about got green writing? maybe its the same company. :D

Its all better now very shiny, but now the windows have gone again! and shocks are squeaking like mice!!aarrgghhh

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
Re:Alloy wheel repairs
« Reply #2 on: 30 April 2004, 12:18 »
This guy drives a big plain white van, but I think it is a franchise company, so there may be a few of them out there.
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture