Author Topic: Excellent service from VW Worcester  (Read 1246 times)

Offline Yusee

• I live here
Excellent service from VW Worcester
« on: 18 November 2020, 13:28 »
I felt I had to share my experience of excellent service from this dealership.
Just had my second year (inspection) service done today free of charge.
I'm not sure how much I've saved- but I'm pretty pleased.
I was offered this as a goodwill gesture after my car had developed a gear selection fault earlier this year.
I took it to another dealership who misdiagnosed it as a worn clutch, I subsequently had to fight VW to arrange proper investigation under warranty.

VW Worcester were then involved- the service I've had from them has been excellent.
Problem fixed under warranty ( gear linkage adjustment) and a free service for my trouble.
Got 2 cups of tea today too- which was nice.

Above all else, here's a dealership that valued my custom- and my experience of main dealers is that many of them don't.

2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
Re: Excellent service from VW Worcester
« Reply #1 on: 18 November 2020, 14:19 »
Good to hear! Well done VW Worcester. 👍🏻
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Chilliblu

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 18 November 2020, 17:36 »
Wish all VW were this good. Just taken my 2020 9 month old GTI for an oil change. Even though it had only done 3000 miles. garage insisted if I wanted to maintain the warranty it needed its first service which was basically an oil and filter change. Took the car in and they did the service. First thing I noticed was the paperwork was incorrect and the paperwork given was for the totally wrong car. Second thing I had mentioned that the auto handbrake was sticking when I moved off. This had not been looked at and was given the excuse that the rear "drum brakes" do stick in the wet. When I pointed out the car has discs all round he went to speak to his Technician who suggested I turn off the auto hand brake. " this will stop it sticking sir" and just to add to the injury this cost £239 and they did not even wash the car.

Great service

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 18 November 2020, 18:30 »
Wish all VW were this good. Just taken my 2020 9 month old GTI for an oil change. Even though it had only done 3000 miles. garage insisted if I wanted to maintain the warranty it needed its first service which was basically an oil and filter change. Took the car in and they did the service. First thing I noticed was the paperwork was incorrect and the paperwork given was for the totally wrong car. Second thing I had mentioned that the auto handbrake was sticking when I moved off. This had not been looked at and was given the excuse that the rear "drum brakes" do stick in the wet. When I pointed out the car has discs all round he went to speak to his Technician who suggested I turn off the auto hand brake. " this will stop it sticking sir" and just to add to the injury this cost £239 and they did not even wash the car.

Great service

Unfortunately, lots of inconsistencies in the standard of service from VW dealers, and it’s really frustrating when they don’t check out things you’ve asked them to.

The dealer I use is generally OK. I’ve always been able to get a convenient service appointment and I’ve never had an issue getting a courtesy car. When I’ve booked a ‘waiting slot’ (before the pandemic), I’ve waited while my car’s being serviced and it’s always been ready within the indicated waiting time.

As for main dealer servicing costs; hindsight’s a wonderful thing, but VW’s service plans are a worthwhile investment when bought at point of sale when buying a new VW. I bought a VW service plan which covers my first two services for £199.

I’d also consider your dealer’s failure to wash your car as a distinct benefit, unless you’d be happy for it to be washed with a grit laden sponge and a bucket of dirty water (a.k.a complimentary scratch and swirl treatment) and ending up having to appearance of being cleaned with a scouring pad. I’ve seen the guy carrying out the complimentary service washes on customer’s cars at the dealership I use and I always make it clear to the service advisor that I do not want my car washed. They’ve always complied with my request :smiley:.
« Last Edit: 18 November 2020, 18:33 by SRGTD »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #4 on: 18 November 2020, 21:09 »
I've had a different experience with VW Worcester.
Wouldn't give me a hire car on a warranty repair, as I've got an EU licence, left me stranded the jokers  :whistle:

2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 18 November 2020, 21:44 »
Wouldn't give me a hire car on a warranty repair, as I've got an EU licence, left me stranded the jokers  :whistle:

Have you managed to get courtesy cars from other dealerships?

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 18 November 2020, 22:44 »

Have you managed to get courtesy cars from other dealerships?

I was wondering the same. Maybe it’s not VW Worcester being difficult, it might be the insurance company that covers the business/motor trader insurance risk have stipulated that all customers using courtesy / hire vehicles need to have a full UK driving licence.

If this is the reason for the dealer not providing a loan vehicle, then you would hope this would be explained to the customer so at least they aware of the reason for the refusal.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #7 on: 19 November 2020, 18:42 »
I had courtesy cars from VW Hereford and VW Abingdon with absolutely no issues.
Hereford even handed me a GTD to test drive while the car was being serviced.

Regardless it’s pretty much discrimination to refuse an EU citizen who is legally driving in the UK (a member state at the time).
« Last Edit: 19 November 2020, 18:45 by itavaltalainen »
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 19 November 2020, 19:40 »
Interesting. Yes, I agree if other dealers are able to, they should give you a very good reason why they can’t do the same.