Author Topic: ACC...?  (Read 5336 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: ACC...?
« Reply #30 on: 17 January 2011, 17:57 »
H12 welcome back mate.
I was just about to post and ask how many miles as i was told it does take quite a few miles for the system to start to show differences but i won't ask that question to you as i know your car came over on the same boat as mine. :smiley:
Hi mate- hope all is well with you. I'll be logging in more frequently now I reckon

Clocked over 9k in the little silver lady now- reckon I'll get her booked in for a service in the next month or so. Not sure if there's much point in asking them to look at the ACC having no difference between normal and sport but will mention the folding mirrors work only when they choose to and if you're driving slowly in first gear, the revs either drop or race so it's not the smoothest to drive in traffic.

How's my motor's sister car doing ? Any problems Snoops ?
Quite a few squeeks and rattles and door cards that make cracking noises when pushed near the decorative trim strips (which i thought was a rattle from the rear but its the door panels when i go over bumps), all i will speak to them about when it does for a service in March. Mine also does that rev thing but im learning to drive round it.
« Last Edit: 17 January 2011, 18:33 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline mac7

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 17 January 2011, 18:29 »
Parts for the ACC are shown here:
http://www.my-gti.com/2568/components-of-the-adaptive-chassis-control-dcc-and-fitting-locations

I am no expert (and am yet to take a look at the damper for real), but it may be that cars with and cars without ACC have the same suspension with the electronics and adjustment valves being in addition?

[Edit]
Maybe not - see below:
http://www.my-gti.com/2653/volkswagen-dcc-adaptive-chassis-control-design-and-function

Looks like they are different dampers.

Thanks for posting those links - I've been looking for some more detailed system info.  :smiley:
Golf R

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 22 January 2011, 16:06 »
[[/quote] Quite a few squeeks and rattles and door cards that make cracking noises when pushed near the decorative trim strips (which i thought was a rattle from the rear but its the door panels when i go over bumps), all i will speak to them about when it does for a service in March. Mine also does that rev thing but im learning to drive round it.
[/quote]

Mine only has the one squeak- they can't have been in as much of a rush to get it on the boat over here as yours  :wink:- which seems to come from the front passenger's seat but apart from that, can't really complain.

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #33 on: 22 January 2011, 20:52 »
^^

I thought the squeaks issue was resolved months ago.

VW rubber care stick or Autoglym rubber spray. Works wonders.

Mine had a few after the first month or so, all quiet now.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #34 on: 22 January 2011, 20:55 »
^^

I thought the squeaks issue was resolved months ago.

VW rubber care stick or Autoglym rubber spray. Works wonders.

Mine had a few after the first month or so, all quiet now.
That squeek of the rubbers yes but not the decorative trim strip cracking, ticking noise as it moves on the door, that 3 of my doors suffer but the passenger door badly to the point it sounds like rear suspension noise every time you hit a pebble.

« Last Edit: 23 January 2011, 10:26 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #35 on: 23 January 2011, 10:00 »
sounds like rear suspension noise every time you hit a pebble.

I don't like the sound of that one bit  :sad:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #36 on: 23 January 2011, 10:28 »
sounds like rear suspension noise every time you hit a pebble.

I don't like the sound of that one bit  :sad:
Because its off topic  :grin: If you click the photo above you can hear it. Its actually sounds like that but louder in real life.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI