Author Topic: GTD MPG  (Read 142456 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: GTD MPG
« Reply #160 on: 16 October 2012, 15:25 »
As per my reply above, as long as the engine is fit and healthy then yes a remap will improve the economy  :smiley:
Sorry Rhyso, I misinterpreted your original message, and assumed you were saying there were a lot of factors that would contribute to efficiency, whereas you were saying there are a lot of factors that would determine if a remap would improve efficiency.  I see.  :)  (Makes me think I should perhaps assume the car is about 100%, since I've only just bought it, and get it remapped straight away!)  ;)

No worries  :smiley:

If you get it done by a reputable tuner then they should carry out a full health check on the vehicle prior to remapping.  This will either involve dyno time or live data logging on the road so variables such as boost, air intake and flow etc can be monitored  :nerd:

A mapped GTD is a LOT of fun  :evil:  Craig from Carbon runs one  :wink:

Offline Adrena1in

• Not said much yet
« Reply #161 on: 16 October 2012, 19:31 »
I'd be tempted to pay to have a good health-check done on the car alone really.  And driving a GTD is great fun.  I just got back from a little trip into town, round a one-way system and home again.  I've not gone out like that "just for the heck of it" for about 16 years!!
2009 Golf GTD in Pearlescent Black.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #162 on: 16 October 2012, 22:26 »
I'd be tempted to pay to have a good health-check done on the car alone really.  And driving a GTD is great fun.  I just got back from a little trip into town, round a one-way system and home again.  I've not gone out like that "just for the heck of it" for about 16 years!!

I'm constantly going out for hell of it just can't get enough of the GTD experience... :cool:

It's a very pleasant place to be...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Adrena1in

• Not said much yet
« Reply #163 on: 26 October 2012, 18:34 »

I'm constantly going out for hell of it just can't get enough of the GTD experience... :cool:

It's a very pleasant place to be...
You're not wrong.  This past week I drove down to Cornwall, then around Cornwall, then back again, and after giving the car a clean as it was filthy, I just want to go straight out again.  Mind you, other half and the dog in the back meant I couldn't really do any "proper" driving, so it needs a bit of a thrash about really.   :laugh:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #164 on: 26 October 2012, 21:33 »
As per my reply above, as long as the engine is fit and healthy then yes a remap will improve the economy  :smiley:
Sorry Rhyso, I misinterpreted your original message, and assumed you were saying there were a lot of factors that would contribute to efficiency, whereas you were saying there are a lot of factors that would determine if a remap would improve efficiency.  I see.  :)  (Makes me think I should perhaps assume the car is about 100%, since I've only just bought it, and get it remapped straight away!)  ;)

No worries  :smiley:

If you get it done by a reputable tuner then they should carry out a full health check on the vehicle prior to remapping.  This will either involve dyno time or live data logging on the road so variables such as boost, air intake and flow etc can be monitored  :nerd:

A mapped GTD is a LOT of fun  :evil:  Craig from Carbon runs one  :wink:

Running a 123d at the mo, Rob @ Matrix is using my GTD  :wink:

Offline Adrena1in

• Not said much yet
« Reply #165 on: 20 November 2012, 19:56 »
Back to the OP, I managed 58.1 MPG from Winchester to the Services on the M4 the other side of the Severn Bridge, so something along the lines of 110 miles.  Stopped at the garage and damn near accidentally put Unleaded in it!!!   :whistle:

The elusive 60 mpg still eludes me.  Remap time!   :laugh:

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #166 on: 03 December 2012, 15:18 »
Back to the OP, I managed 58.1 MPG from Winchester to the Services on the M4 the other side of the Severn Bridge, so something along the lines of 110 miles.  Stopped at the garage and damn near accidentally put Unleaded in it!!!   :whistle:

Ha ha ha I can laugh about it now ,I did that last year in GTD  :laugh: :laugh:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Adrena1in

• Not said much yet
« Reply #167 on: 05 December 2012, 18:14 »

You filled it up?  Luckily the pump clicked off twice before I realised, and I'd only put in .33 of a litre, so fortunately not a disaster!!

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #168 on: 05 December 2012, 22:02 »

You filled it up?  Luckily the pump clicked off twice before I realised, and I'd only put in .33 of a litre, so fortunately not a disaster!!

I put it in 9 litre  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: all tank drain bloody expensive night that one..... :wink:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Adrena1in

• Not said much yet
« Reply #169 on: 11 December 2012, 19:23 »
Oops!   :lipsrsealed: