Author Topic: GTD MPG  (Read 143449 times)

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
Re: GTD MPG
« Reply #150 on: 20 August 2012, 20:43 »
:grin:

Think im avaraging 48 ish at the mo  :smiley:

Yours mapped? :undecided:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Rislar

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #151 on: 22 August 2012, 19:12 »
It isnt fella, why do you think id get more??

Offline Adrena1in

• Not said much yet
« Reply #152 on: 12 October 2012, 09:22 »
I'm a new GTD owner and I'm very interested in peoples' opinions and findings regarding remapping and improved MPG.  After only a few days the GTD is exceeding my expectations on power and performance, but returning slightly less MPG than I'd hoped for.  I was gunning for over 60 MPG on a motorway journey, but I'm seeing slightly less.  (Still, only had it a few days so far, and the temptation to put your foot down a little harder is just too much sometimes!)
2009 Golf GTD in Pearlescent Black.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #153 on: 12 October 2012, 19:00 »
So many variables when it comes to MPG on any car, try this for a day and see how it works, don't rev over 2000 rpm and don't speed on any road, if your on a motorway do 60 MPH and see what you get  :wink:

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #154 on: 14 October 2012, 21:45 »
So many variables when it comes to MPG on any car, try this for a day and see how it works, don't rev over 2000 rpm and don't speed on any road, if your on a motorway do 60 MPH and see what you get  :wink:
Agreed, go slower on the motorway to achieve even higher mpg. I found 54 was good, but be prepared for artics to overtake you.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #155 on: 14 October 2012, 21:49 »
Agreed, go slower on the motorway to achieve even higher mpg. I found 54 was good, but be prepared for artics to overtake you.

See this works backward on my old PD engine.  I find the more normal my driving, the better my mpg...... :whistle:

As Doc said though there are lots of variables. Stuff like tyre pressures, tracking etc can have an effect.  To get the most, your car at the very least needs to be 100% mechanically sound. If you don't start from this point then you will be fighting a losing battle........

Offline Adrena1in

• Not said much yet
« Reply #156 on: 15 October 2012, 14:44 »
Well I've only had my car a week and it came from a reputable (I hope) VW Used Dealer, so it was all hunky dory and serviced and MoTd when I bought it.  I achieved 57.5 mpg yesterday on a 35-mile mostly-motorway journey, which I'm happy with, (previous car, Citroen C4, averaged 40 mpg), but driving as gently as I was I was just hoping for over 60 mpg is all.  Was quite cold I suppose, which wouldn't have helped.  I like the challenge though, so I'll work on it.

I'd still love to know if getting a Remap done will likely improve the efficiency and therefore increase the mpg.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #157 on: 15 October 2012, 15:22 »
As per my reply above, as long as the engine is fit and healthy then yes a remap will improve the economy  :smiley:

Just don't expect it to over the first couple of tanks as you will be enjoying the new found performance  :whistle: :evil: :grin: :grin:

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #158 on: 16 October 2012, 11:00 »
35miles is still a short run, these engines take 10 miles to warm up especially when from cold-cold, whilst they are warming up they are worse than petrol engines with regards fuel.

4 wheek tracking is a must if you do serious mileage, can pay for itself.

Mr F
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline Adrena1in

• Not said much yet
« Reply #159 on: 16 October 2012, 15:21 »
As per my reply above, as long as the engine is fit and healthy then yes a remap will improve the economy  :smiley:
Sorry Rhyso, I misinterpreted your original message, and assumed you were saying there were a lot of factors that would contribute to efficiency, whereas you were saying there are a lot of factors that would determine if a remap would improve efficiency.  I see.  :)  (Makes me think I should perhaps assume the car is about 100%, since I've only just bought it, and get it remapped straight away!)  ;)

35miles is still a short run, these engines take 10 miles to warm up especially when from cold-cold, whilst they are warming up they are worse than petrol engines with regards fuel.

4 wheek tracking is a must if you do serious mileage, can pay for itself.

Mr F
Yeah, I've not done a decent long run yet, but it'll be a good 300 to 400 miles down to Cornwall on Friday, so I'll reset the trip when I leave and see how I get on.  :)  Probably be able to achieve nearly 60 mpg quite easily, until I hit all the tiny country lanes!   :undecided: