Author Topic: VW's No Quibble Exchange Policy - Your experiences?  (Read 11301 times)

Offline zeb

• Not said much yet
I've recently discovered a fault on my GTI Mk V door... its misaligned. I bought this as a approved used car about 2 weeks ago but already have my car booked in for 16th June to get this fault looked at. I'm now wondering if they can't fix it for any reason will I be able to demand an exchange (using their 30 day policy) but be able to source a car from another dealer in the VW network, even though the rules say you must exchange with the same dealer? Trouble is the dealer I bought from (VW Basingstoke) has absolutley no other GTI in stock and probably won't have before the 30 days are up!

Any one ever consdier this for themsleves or have successfully done an exchange whether with the same dealer or been allowed to source the car from another dealer?

I'm getting that panicky feeling in my stomach now...this is not the sort of experience one should have when parting with £21K for what is otherwise a great car. :sad:

Cheers

Zeb

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Re: VW's No Quibble Exchange Policy - Your experiences?
« Reply #1 on: 09 June 2006, 18:41 »
Taken from VW's web site:

No quibbles? We mean it.

We will gladly exchange your Approved Used Volkswagen within 30 days or 1,000 miles if you are unhappy with your purchase.*

We offer this easy exchange because we are confident of the quality of our cars. You get all the reassurance of a Volkswagen Approved Used car to begin with. Then you get it all over again in the incredibly unlikely event that things donÂ’t work out.

We usually get things right first time.
Which is why we offer you a second chance. 

And here are the terms and conditions:

For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions the following definitions shall mean:
"Car" means a used car approved by a Retailer.
"Retailer" means a Volkswagen Retailer approved to sell Volkswagen Used Cars.
"Customer" means any private individual who purchases a Car from a Retailer under these Terms and Conditions.
"Exchange Car" means the Car that is delivered to the Customer in exchange for the Customer's original Car under these Terms and Conditions.

1. Subject to the following terms a Car purchased from a Retailer may be exchanged for another vehicle at the same Retailer, provided that:

a. the Car is returned to that Retailer within 30 days of the original delivery date;

b. the Customer must be a private purchaser and not a trade purchaser or otherwise;

c. the Car has not been driven more than 1000 miles since original delivery to the Customer;

d. the Retailer is in its own discretion satisfied that the Car is in the same condition as at the time of original delivery to the Customer;

e. the Retailer is satisfied that the Customer owns the Car and is fully entitled to exchange it under these Terms and Conditions;

2. The Customer may choose any Car as the Exchange Car, provided that:

a. it is of an equal price to the original Car;

b. it is readily available from the Retailer's used car stock.

3. Before any exchange is affected under this Terms and Conditions the Retailer will use reasonable endeavours to assist the Customer in terminating or transferring any financing agreements relating to the purchase of the Exchange Car. The Retailer will not reimburse the Customer for any finance charges directly resulting from the exchange.

4. Where the Customer wishes to exchange a Car for a Exchange Car with a higher price the Customer must pay to the Retailer the difference in price.

5. The Customer will be responsible for any additional costs incurred in the exchange relating to licensing and insurance of the Exchange Car.

6. These Terms and Conditions shall only apply to Cars purchased from a Retailer.

7. All special offers are at the discretion of the Retailer.

8. This Agreement only applies to the Approved Used Vehicles as detailed above. Only one exchange will be considered and this Agreement shall not apply to any Replacement Vehicle.

9. Unless specifically varied under these Terms and Conditions the Legal Disclaimer and Privacy Notice shall apply to these Terms and Conditions.

10. This Agreement does not affect any of the Customer's statutory rights. 

Offline zeb

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 09 June 2006, 20:33 »
Trouble is Doc, what if the dealer where I bought my car from don't have any more GTI's in stock or is unlikely to get any in before the 30 days is up. This "no quibble exchange" would really work if you were allowed to exchange for a car from any dealership - now that would give you greater choice and chance of finding something straight away. As it happens they don't allow this and you have to exchange from the same dealership you buy from! Which in my case means VW Basingstoke have nothing, and for e.g. CityGate have about 4 GTI's in stock at the moment - but I can't exchange with them!

Anyway, I'm gonna tighten the thumb screws a bit on them and demand on the count of a quality issue that the car should never have been sold to me in that state and I reserve my rights to either reject the car outright or ask for an exchange - and I don't care if they have to go to tim buk tu to get one :angry: But to be honest I should give them every opportunity to remedy first and if they can't I'll have to get an experts opinion in and pursue a claim for damages through the Courts. Now..all this huffing and puffing will probably go away when I find that my car has come back to me as one would expect in perfect repair :laugh: yeah right...we'll see about that!

Offline VWmaindealer

• GTI forum regular
  • What do you think it's worth?
« Reply #3 on: 19 June 2006, 17:01 »
In my past I have dealt with an exchange where we sourced a car from another dealer. We weren't obliged to do so but in the interest of customer satisfaction. There are many boring reasons as to why dealers generally won't outsource for exchanges but simply it comes down to money.

If the car really isn't right then you could go down the sale of goods act route but make sure your case is watertight and that you have given the dealer every opportunity to fix it. Your best bet is to make an appointment (don't just turn up) with the sales/brand manager and discuss whats going to happen. Set out deadlines. Agree here what you want and get them to agree. Both agree that if it's not to this standard by a certain date, they will refund your money. At the end of the day, they may have lost the chance of a happy customer but they'll want to do whatever they can to save the situation and not buy a car back.

This phylosiphy (spelling?) generally always works.

Hope this helps

VWmd
What's your best price for cash?

Offline Girls

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 07 April 2019, 12:01 »
Well I just swapped my car under 30days exchange deal it's not free it did cost me 400£ on top of the difference in car prices us they said car is not worth what I paid for it after I've been added to the log book 

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 07 April 2019, 15:37 »
Well I just swapped my car under 30days exchange deal it's not free it did cost me 400£ on top of the difference in car prices us they said car is not worth what I paid for it after I've been added to the log book

And you excepted this  :smiley: I know what I would have told them  :grin: