Author Topic: Projekt Krazyness  (Read 26272 times)

Offline Krazy_Z

• Not said much yet
Projekt Krazyness
« on: 23 October 2011, 11:12 »
Here is the project I have been saving for the last 8 months for.  I installed AWE's K04 turbo my self biggest pain in the ass ever.  AWE's S3 intercooler was really easy to me I know some people say it is a rather difficult task. I also got AWE S3 hose kit and TOP they might not do much but it is better than stock.  I also installed the BSH race catch can really rather easy to install did it in under 30 mins.  I installed AWE's vent mounted boost gauge it would have been really easy if I had a different T25 bit.  I have not had a chance to install the White line Anti lift kit yet I think I am going to wait till my coil overs get in to install that one.  The coil overs I purchased are FK Silverline X.  I have read a lot of good things about them so I will update here with pics when I get them installed.  All in all the turbo swap took me just over 21 hours but that was just me working most of the time alone, one of my friends would come help me after he got off of work.

So on day 1 pulled the car on the lift around 9:30am got all the parts laid out and ready to start working.  Buy 12:30pm I was already done with the intercooler removal and installed the new one and starting to put everything back back on up front.  I had the bumper back on about 45 minutes later.  So what you all have been waiting for some Pics. 

My living room for about 2 days when I got home had to move it all to a spare bedroom

This was in the first box I opened

BSH Race Catch can

UR Downpipe with metal cat

Anti lift/caster kit not installed yet

OH it looks so pretty

What could this be? 

More toys from AWE

AWEsome blow pops

AWE TOP Looks amazing.

Some LED Lights

AWE S3 Intercooler

Have to rock the AWE stickers for MOAR POWA

Oh it looks so pretty out side the house.

What I used to take notes for the removal of everything

Just pulled on the lift and got everything laid out

I got told several times I was Krazy!  Notice Mountain Dew in the pile of parts

One last Pic incase it didn't go back to gather right :lol:

OH boy! About here was when I found out this was going to be fun. 

This part was really easy

Got the old one out new one is ready to go in now.

Side by Side

My buddy showed up after he got off of work and took some pics.

Parts were every ware.

At the end of day one. Side by side of a different kind

Inside the IHI "K03"

Inside the K04

OH look mom snails :lol:

Way more room with out a silly turbo in the way.  Oh wait a sec.

Thought I was going to cry at this point.  :mad0259:  Luckily the same part was on the IHI turbo

Cant you see I am working here

I spent the better part of 2 days days here

Getting some ware now. 

I don't know how to embed vids on here so here is a Link the the start up

http://s922.photobucket.com/albums/ad68/KrazySoB_363/?action=view&current=DSCN0527.mp4

Thought I was done after that and found out the possibly the hardest coolant line to get to was leaking :mad0259: Spent 4 hours trying to figure out how to tighten it but finally got it with out taking everything apart.  Just had to try just about every 19 mm set up you could think of. 

Back out side my house with something new!

I say this was one of the most challenging things I have ever done in my life it really. Makes me appreciate the fact that places charge £60+ an hour for labor.   But for the 2.5 days my car stayed in that stall it cost me about ~£100.  I know this is something I am not really looking forward to having to ever do again.

I can literally say I have put my own Blood Sweat and tears into this build. I go get the tune installed Monday Oct 24th at noon.  Cant Fricking wait.  Until then I am just babying the car around only when I need to drive it keeping the RPM <3000.

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Re: Projekt Krazyness
« Reply #1 on: 23 October 2011, 22:26 »
Love it, looking forward to seeing what power it makes when it's been mapped properly :cool:

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
« Reply #2 on: 23 October 2011, 22:48 »
yep awesome goodies there mate good build  :smiley:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 23 October 2011, 23:49 »
Awesome work, looking forward to the r/r figures.

Offline Scott D

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 25 October 2011, 17:16 »
some quality parts fitted - handy having access to a lift

has it been mapped.. and if so what figures?
2003 1.8T GTI 180 - APR Stage I, S2000 Filter, R-Tech Supersize TIP, Bilstein B12 Suspension, 18" OZ Superleggera, Recaro Heated Leathers, US Spec Rear Lights, N249/SAI/PCV Delete

1.8T AUQ - 241bhp & 286 ft-lb
R-Tech Map, Forge FMIC, SFS Oversized TIP, Ported Manifold, Milltek Turboback non res exhaust, Forge 007p, N249 & N112 delete, SAI delete, S2000 Air Filter, Sachs clutch & Lightweight Flywheel

Offline Krazy_Z

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 28 October 2011, 00:18 »
Finally got it mapped I happen to pull 371.3 BHP and 381.3lb/ft TQ here is my RR Print out I pulled 371.3 BHP and 381.8 lb/ft tq

not really sure how to up load vids to this forum but here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH1Yo7ItweE 

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 28 October 2011, 00:36 »
Lovely project, nice power too ;)

Offline Krazy_Z

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 03 November 2011, 18:40 »
Moar good news today found out my coils shipped today!  Cant wait till they get here.  Also my wheels and tyres shipped too 

Offline Krazy_Z

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 04 November 2011, 18:36 »
I am looking for a set of the Bigger brakes from an RS3 or RS4 if anyone knows of a site please help me and post a link for me thanks. 

Offline KrazyZ

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 17 November 2011, 00:00 »
Well got the Coilovers and wheels installed recently here is a couple decent pics of the new stance.  It has a bit of rub in heavy cornering so I might take it up a thread or two.  it measures from the top of the wheel arch to the ground 61.5CM int he front and 61 in the rear.

If you haven't seen the future you haven't driven fast enough!!!!