Author Topic: Advice on where to buy in Europe?  (Read 3267 times)

Offline valbotany

• Just got here
Advice on where to buy in Europe?
« on: 18 June 2018, 21:43 »
Hi everyone, I recently arrived in Europe and am in the market for a 2nd hand 2017 Golf R.  Can anyone advise on the best way to go about finding one?  I am not in the UK, so I'm LHD.  I guess everyone here just buys in the UK for that reason?

Perhaps some of you might nonetheless have some advice for me.  If only I spoke German perhaps this would be quite easy.  But I see there is a nice community here as well.  Whatever you could provide would be very greatly appreciated!

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: Advice on where to buy in Europe?
« Reply #1 on: 19 June 2018, 20:55 »
Not sure what you are asking. You aren't in the UK and want a LHD mk7 somewhere else in Europe. Ebay.wherever? Volkswagen.wherever?
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline valbotany

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 22 June 2018, 01:20 »
Any advice on good ways of finding used Golfs in Europe would be appreciated.  I would think ebay would be poor because of the high fees.  Are there not some forums that are popular across Europe as a whole?  I would think there would be since nearly everyone below a certain age speaks English and Golf lovers have something in common that transcends geographical/political borders.  Is the VW community really divided up by country?  Yes I live in Europe but don't understand German and unfortunately cannot buy from UK because of the steering wheel position.

Offline Guapo The Golf

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 26 October 2018, 05:13 »
Hi there. I bought my Mk4 1.8T from a used car dealer in Barcelona by using the Auto Scout app. It’s Europe wide so worth a look. I had the local VW dealer give it a prepurchase inspection before I flew up from Marbella. They missed loads of things that I had to fix once I got it home, so my advise is to buy locally if you can. Good luck if you’re still on the hunt!

Offline Arrius

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 18 January 2019, 11:13 »
Used car dealers, local car websites, smartphone applications, facebook(location-based ads) and local car markets are off the top of my head to find what you are looking for. It will be a challenge to find a specific vehicle in a foreign country though, so good luck

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
« Reply #6 on: 18 January 2019, 16:10 »
Have you looked here? I realise this is a fairly old post, but...

https://www.tipcars.eu/
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.