Author Topic: madmanluke - mk2 VR6  (Read 67681 times)

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
Re: madmanluke - mk2 VR6
« Reply #20 on: 13 January 2010, 11:59 »
Just had it MOT'd
Failed on one thing!!! Brake flexies had come away from the mounts on the shocks and rubbed on some thing and failed me on that! The guy is getting new flexies for me today hopefully and is going to replace the lines and bleed the brakes ready to have it re tested today possibly or for tomorrow morning.

I cant believe it was only one thing and some thing so easily could have been avoided, but hey. Lets hope it passes later today/tomorrow morning so I can tax it asap!

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 14 January 2010, 18:58 »
All on the road! jeeeezz the noise just makes me wet!   

Plenty of usable power haha, upset a few people already with it haha

Think il be out and about with it all tonight, dont care how much petrol I pour through it!

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 27 January 2010, 17:13 »
Just given the car a quick clean and wax before prept this evening. Thought id post some pictures up now of the 'finished' article and how she sits now. No close ups of the engine bay, as its not particularly interesting to be fair!

Ignore the random orange HT lead. Snapped one taking the plastics off just before the car got on the road   ^_^
Ran out of light so not the most flattering pictures of it with some hardcore flash all over it!

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 30 January 2010, 19:47 »
Well today, I finally got the windows and mirrors working. It looks like I may have accidentally cut a cable whilst splicing the old loom out, removing the switched live to the relay. Connected it back up, and hey presto, we have windows and mirrors!

Tomorrow Im hoping to remove my window tints as they are peeling badly. May leave it without tints completely for a good while.

During the week, I managed to get beached on a speed bump. Looks like I am now loosing oil :( The drive is covered in spots of oil... Whacked the car up and sure enough, Ive pretty much only got half a sump bolt left!
Im sure some one said some where we can use a ford sump bolt some where? It uses an allen socket rather than a normal one so is not so likely to get ripped to pieces. Any one know what I need?

Offline sidecarphil

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 30 January 2010, 20:29 »
the only ford sump plugs i know is the 13mm ones  :huh: :huh:

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 30 January 2010, 20:34 »
it may not have been a ford plug, although i know you can change it for some thing else. Just cant remember what!

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 31 January 2010, 18:43 »
it wasnt a ford plug in the end, it was a polo one. Heres the thread I found it from:
but it sounds like you cant buy them?

VR6 sump sits fairly low in a mk2 and more often than not you find that some of the sump plug gets ground away from being in contact with the road/kerbs etc!

I have found solution, the 9N 12v Polo (3cyl petrol) comes with a shallow sump plug with 6mm allen key fitting as production fit - it's the same thread etc as the regular 19mm hex plug that fits pretty much EVERY watercooled VAG engine.
I don't think you can buy this shallow sump plug as the parts give us the regular 19mm hex plug to replace it with.

So im still not sure what to do. I think il pop into the stealers during the week and see if they can still offer me the plug like above... We'll soon find out..

Window tints are now off. Getting the tints off was no problem. Getting the glue that it left behind though... feck me! My hands are ruined and I still have another window to scrap glue off!! Does look better though. Ive been meaning to do it for an absolute age and im glad I have finally.

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 15 February 2010, 14:15 »
Thought id drop in and post a little more up.
Turns out the sump bolt had actualy just twisted and wasnt making a seal any more. So i nipped it back up, and no more leak! Does need to be replaced though, there only half of it left!  :blink:

The black vr6 wheels have gone, had to give those back to a friend that I borrowed them from. So i am now rocking the silver, battered, hacked to pieces wheels, as showing previously in the thread   :lol: 

The VR has now done well over 2000 miles in just over a month of being in the car :unsure: Hasnt skipped a beat. I still haven't gone through tightening things up since the last bolt was done before it was on the road, so I could be a due a gearbox to fall out shortly  :ph34r:

As soon as my pay gets in, my order is going in with duff for my solid front mount. I am still sporting my 8v vibra mount squashed into position up front!!!

Still saving for the TH lines.... gonna be a while i think  <_<

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 21 February 2010, 14:07 »
Small update. Solid mount finally arrived (thanks duff!). Swapped it out for my old vibra technics mount.
Its safe to say that its fubared and only good for spare/emergencies. Where it had to be squashed into possision the rubber had slowly started to split.

The solid mount makes the world of difference! It feels so much tighter. Changing up and down the gears seem smother also. It generally just improves and tightens up the whole feel and experience of the VR in the MK2.

On a sadder note. I ve blown my front components. I must have clipped the amps pretty bad, and basically just sent a voltage down to the speakers as they both went up in a puff of smoke! Bye bye voice cores! Hopefully have a brand new set I can grab from a friend over the coming week. Il replace them properly and foam pad out the pods and make the best of them as I can.

2300+ miles and counting since engine has been in the car..... :blink:

Offline AdamMk2

• I live here
  • Beautiful
« Reply #29 on: 26 February 2010, 18:23 »
Car looks sick mate, 5 doors all the way! lol

Get the ATS cups back on it, although the BBS do look stealth!

Ad