Author Topic: finally got me a tintop  (Read 11439 times)

Offline raferackstraw

• I live here
Re: finally got me a tintop
« Reply #50 on: 24 August 2013, 21:54 »
really not sure what to do with inside. want to make sure no water getting in first, noticed a small patch required on osr inner arch in cabin, will move gauges up to stereo position and stereo down to console. i want to use it for a bit, need to get mot, delivered meteringhead today for one of the guys in mk2 forum and he got some lovely seats and wheels, which gave me some ideas.
really want to sort rattles and reliability so will use it as a local runabout to sort the niggles, took it for a spin on a private road today, its even more bonkers than i remember, the garage owner took it for a spin and came back grinning and his hair looking like he had been electrocuted and babbling like a fool  :grin:

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #51 on: 24 August 2013, 22:17 »
ha ha.. sounds great!

i'm doing pretty much the same... making sure it is watertight and running properly before concentrating on the cosmetics in depth, although i'll be trying to keep it all as original as possible.

have you been pleased with the paintwork since it was painted?

Offline raferackstraw

• I live here
« Reply #52 on: 24 August 2013, 22:43 »
very much so, there are a few minor bits where its been knocked but the colour and overall finish is fantastic, the guy is not happy with bonnet and will do it again and i am not happy with the new wing bloody patent parts. it needs running around for abit so i get to know it more, when you see colour in sunlight its really stunning but overall looks original

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #53 on: 25 August 2013, 00:29 »
very much so, there are a few minor bits where its been knocked but the colour and overall finish is fantastic, the guy is not happy with bonnet and will do it again and i am not happy with the new wing bloody patent parts. it needs running around for abit so i get to know it more, when you see colour in sunlight its really stunning but overall looks original

thats good to know... and glad it still looks original, its looking great  :cool: