Author Topic: nurburgring trip  (Read 17642 times)

Offline westallc

• Here all the time
Re: nurburgring trip
« Reply #20 on: 24 February 2012, 18:44 »
see how your post have gone from short answers where you came a cross wrong and now your posting very good and informative helpful post well done and thanks

people forget that it is a public road and not a track as such and you are right alot of people are mis informed about most aspects of track driving!!!

p.s with regards to the,  it my own issue the point i was making is if you was driving like a complete tit and caused a crash then i would make you pay one way or another !!! ( police who are they !!!) if it was just an accident then i would agree take it on the chin etc etc but no way would i let it slip if it was 100% you being a tit !! wether or not that is how i would roll simples!

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #21 on: 24 February 2012, 19:46 »
see how your post have gone from short answers where you came a cross wrong and now your posting very good and informative helpful post well done and thanks

See how as you've asked less stupid questions, you've got better answers?

p.s with regards to the,  it my own issue the point i was making is if you was driving like a complete tit and caused a crash then i would make you pay one way or another !!! ( police who are they !!!) if it was just an accident then i would agree take it on the chin etc etc but no way would i let it slip if it was 100% you being a tit !! wether or not that is how i would roll simples!

Oh and you'd be the right person to judge if it was an accident, or if you'd been hit by someone doing something stupid?

No and if you made that sort of judgement you'd be a class A w*nker.

That's why you're speaking utter rubbish and possibly trying to make yourself out to be a big man which you're probably not.

I recommend you don't do any track days.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #22 on: 24 February 2012, 20:06 »

Nah!  Couple of hours on Forza 3 and you should be OK.

:lipsrsealed:

Offline westallc

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 24 February 2012, 20:13 »
i guess your reading my post wrong as i wasnt trying to be funny or have a row !!! i was simple stating that at the begining of the thread you came on giving it you cant do this you cant do that but with little explantion

maybe we are singing from different books or youve gone on one tonight but hey who cares lol

and as for trying to be a big man i never try to be anyone apart from myself !!! keyboard warrior im not i was simple saying what would happen on a track day if someone crashed into me when being a dick

hope that clears that up lol wires crossed ??

anyways i dont care its all for fun with or without insurance !!!

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #24 on: 24 February 2012, 20:30 »
and as for trying to be a big man i never try to be anyone apart from myself !!! keyboard warrior im not i was simple saying what would happen on a track day if someone crashed into me when being a dick

The point DH has made, is that you have no legal come back if you've accepted the T&C's and driven on the track, whether or not the other person was driving like a wally, what would you do if someone crashed into you? being furious thinking they're a complete wally because they've just crashed into your car, but not having witnessed all the events from an external point of view and the marshals declare you're in the wrong ? and that person then wants compensation ?

You've accepted the T&C's, you know the risks, tough sh!t  :smiley:
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline westallc

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 24 February 2012, 21:34 »
good call i see his point  :laugh:

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #26 on: 24 February 2012, 22:59 »
i guess your reading my post wrong as i wasnt trying to be funny or have a row !!! i was simple stating that at the begining of the thread you came on giving it you cant do this you cant do that but with little explantion

I was keeping it to the level of the OP.

You'd behave like a thug.  Nice.  I hope you're never on track at the same time as me.

anyways i dont care its all for fun with or without insurance !!!

No, from your previous comments it isn't ALL for fun.  For you it seems to be all fun until something goes wrong.

Thanks for the hard of thinking translation, Jay.  I struggle to express myself in moron at times.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

VW BUSH

« Reply #27 on: 25 February 2012, 12:16 »

Nah!  Couple of hours on Forza 3 and you should be OK.

:lipsrsealed:

Wow that would make me a real Schumacher on the ring! I'm gonna take the tug and do sub 9 lap :grin:

Offline tigerj360

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 26 February 2012, 14:55 »
Thanks for the info on the last page DH  :smiley:

Offline Nige

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 26 February 2012, 19:19 »
so if you crash into another car on a track day ( your fault ) then its tough??? as that how i read it !!! ( p.s if you is on a uk trackday and drove into my car because you was driving like a tool you would be paying for the damage )

Thats exactly what he is saying ! . You either get your OWN insurance for UK trackdays or its live with the risk if you have an accident, be it your fault or anyone elses. The disclaimer you sign before ANY UK Trackday waives and 3rd party liability. You can shout and get as upset as you want, but unfortunately, thats just the way it is.

Regarding the Ring, I post on Northloop a lot (DH linked to the forum in this thread) and the insurance issue keeps coming up. Quite simply, If your UK insurance excludes the ring, I would advise NOT driving your own car on the ring. Either do a trackday or rent a car from the local ring rental companies.

Scaremongering ? some, who choose to pretend it would `never happen to them` say it is, the ones who actually THINK about the consequences say its common sense.....

Last year, I came across an accident coming towards Lauda Links to see frantically waving people at the side of the track, we slowed immediately and still almost had an off on the oil on the track. Just around the corner we found a minimum of 4 cars and 4 bikes involved in a huge accident (I couldn`t count exactly as we were trying not to hit anything). There was significant car to car and car to bike contact. This was at 17:20. The track never re-opened that evening.

Just round the corner, parked up on the exit of Bergwerk was a Blue M3. The trail of oil that started just after ex-muhle and caused the huge pile-up and track closure ended under this car...

He could have been the safest driver you`d ever see, but that simple oil leak caused a lot of damage. I don`t know what level of injuries were sustained.

It was the worst accident I`ve come across in TF and a very sobering example to me of what could very easily happen.

Another at Brunchen a few days later. Loads of bikes down, oil started between Brunchen I and II, ended after Eis Kurve where the Porsche that dropped the fluid had parked up when the engine stopped due to no oil....

In both those examples, the driver taking it `steady` made absolutely NO difference. We had a member who had a well prepped car, not an old shed and he had an accident that cost him well into 4 figures, that was just for the one car that he caused to have an accident...