Author Topic: GolfGTiMk216LoveIT - mk2 vr6 project  (Read 7313 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
GolfGTiMk216LoveIT - mk2 vr6 project
« on: 13 January 2006, 12:50 »
here you go :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline GolfGTiMk216LoveIT

• GTI forum regular
Re: GolfGTiMk216LoveIT - mk2 vr6 project
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2006, 18:37 »
thanks jv :cool:

Dubshack number 02476256387. all conversions undertaken, 2nd hand parts real top blokes.

Right here we go! little background i have been looking for a project car for a little while. At first i thought i would get a mk2 with 2.016v then 1.8t but now i have opted for the old 2.9vr6 ploy. I have decided to do this because of cash to bhp ratio lol plus the sound is awsome! so on my search to find a good shell i have seen alot of good cars but tbh i wanted to take the seats engine and alot of things off the cars that i have seen so there was little point in buying a good shelled mk2 for 1500. and just when i thought the project wasn't gonna happen i got told about the lads from dubshack. gave them a call and by chance my luck was in and managed to secure a mk2 8v gti without an engine resprayed in corrado purple with a few mods for a very reasonable price :wink: cheers lads!

so after alot of jumping and shouting for joy i decided to get down to business. i had a chat with a few mates looked through a few magazines and decided what i wanted and asked a person on edition38 to photoshop my car for me and this is how it should look when it comes out of the spay shop.

right so with my photoshop in hand and a wad of cash in my hand. me and my mate Gary take the 2hr 10 min journey from my house to dubshack(3hrs my arse AA route planner) on wed the 11th of January 2006. get there and see warren co owner of dub shack and his fookin big dog :shocked: anyways we get down chatting to business Darren other co owner comes in and we work the things out that i want to be done to my car.

full respray: outside, sills, boot lid and inside boot, engine bay, fully colour codded bumpers arches and side skirts in corrado purple(god i love that colour :laugh:)
2.9 vr6 from a 77,000 mile corrado with FSH :cool:
head ported and polished
few trick things with the engine bay (sorry wanna keep it secret)
set of 16" wheels to get me by for the mo
zorst
induction kit
Audi tt front leather seats(pending)
rear corrado seats(pending)
rallye front grill.
fk koningsport coilovers

so i leave with a big smile on my face and my pockets a hell of alot lighter :grin:. on the way home a get to speaking with James wallace from golf + mag about my car dont know if anything is gonna happen yet but if u see a mk2 golf in corrado purple its mine :wink:

this is where i am at atm waiting to here news from golf + and the work to be started by dubshack should hope be finished in may ready for the big shows:D.

pm any questions or suggestions please!

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2006, 14:08 »
 :cry: right new update guys i have totally changed my mind on what conversion i am going for :shocked: :grin:! i was origonally going for 2.9 vr6 but after really looking into modifying the engine i found that without turboing or supercharging the engine i was only able to get about 230bhp tops. so i have descided to go down the 20vt turbo route just as dizzie has done. dubshack atm is sourcing a BAM 225bhp audi engine for me :cool: then once its in my hands i will have it remaped to 270bhp will hanlde it easier to because of the k04 well hope so.

i also have bought a few things of some peeps on edition38 thanks you know who you are.

clear sides

clear fronts

debadged grill
IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c301/chisharpe/singlegrill.jpg[/IMG]
like the twit that i am i brought this thinkin i might need it but coz i have a ralle front end i dont need this anymore so if anyone wants it £26 inc P&P

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2006, 14:10 »
i also have chatted to warren from dubshack bout what u want my engine to look like and hopefully somthin like this.

what you think pm me :cool:

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 01 February 2006, 17:22 »
few more things have happend since i last posted. i have been looking for a set of rims for a while now and didn't really know what to go for. i thought maybe. d90s, wide BBS, borbet a. but looking at all the cars from the shows all the cars have these on em. so i went around looking for some rare wheels, I've alloys loved OZ turbos so i thought i would try and find some (good luck) no one seemed to have any till one day 2 sets turned up a set on Eba in average condition and a set on edition in 9/10 condition. so had a chat with both parties and got the 9/10 condition one for the pricely sum of 750 :smug: which isn't too bad considering Fully Polished Lips, Gold Plated Studs(170 on there own), 15" x 7.5" - 4x100 et 27.

these are the wheels.

this is just a quick photoshop done but not even half as good as they should look. im probably gonna colourcode the centres to the car :smug:

i have also been looking for a re trim company to sponsor me or go half's for puplification on my car. because i have leather tt front seats going in but the rest is cloth so i need to have the rears re trimmed and the doorcards so if anyone knows of anyone give me a pm plz.

also i have been speaking to Reuben from tuning werks and have decided not to go with fk koningsports because of the lastabilty so i have chosen the weitch coilover system with 16v springs. which i purchaced the other day from him.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 01 February 2006, 17:38 »
new car spec looks like this:

Engine
BAM audi tt 225 engine
remap by jabba sport to 270
boot controll valve
induction kit
exhuast
few trick things with the engine bay

Exterior
full respray: outside, sills, boot lid and inside boot, engine bay, fully colour codded bumpers arches and side skirts in corrado purple

Chassis
7.5x15 Oz turbos fully polished lips with golf plated studs
weiltec coilovers 40-70mm drop
full set of polyflex bushed
arb antiroll bars
strut brace

Exterior
rallye front end
delocked boot
boot solinoid
transporter wing vent
clear indicators, front indicators
crystal/red rear lights

Interior
Audi tt front leather seats
rear bench and doorcards retrimed in audi tt leather
snap off steering wheel
VOD guages

ICE
Alpine + ipod adapter headunit
std system

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 09 February 2006, 20:02 »
right some more news. i hve been trying to get hold of a rallye front end for a while now because dubshack had sold the one on my car before i got it and i have always like the look of rallye front end. anyways put a wanted thing on edition and to my luck one appeared in london for £280  :shocked: not to say that i was shocked at this cheap price was an understatement i had been quoted 420 with postage from gpc so i though i was onto a winner. so knowing that in the next couple of days i was heading that way to pick up my new oz turbos i thought i would go have a gander. drive for ages to guilford and london but all woth it the rallye front end and the wheels turned up to b aces :wink: cept the bloke who sold the OZ's had tried to polish em before i got em but put autosol everwhere and i think i may have to get em repolished to get rid of the white marks :angry: but i have done my best and they do still looks good. its just i am a perfectionist :laugh:

hhhmmm dont u love that rallye look :grin:

Bling Bling they do look real good but just that extra is needed round the golf plated bolts :cool:

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 09 February 2006, 20:07 »
just a quick one! found some pictures of my golf sitting looking sorry for itself waiting to be resprayed and engine drop thought u might like to see.

why do people debadge golfs at the back?? i would much prefere also to be able to unlock my boot with a key :laugh: how do i get in my car now if the battery goes???