Author Topic: *CLEANING*  (Read 3718 times)

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
Re: *CLEANING*
« Reply #10 on: 16 January 2007, 22:12 »
han you watched me clean my car at leeds and how good it looked afterwards! :P .......basicly LAMBSWOOL mit (remember ;) ) two buckets proper polish applicator pads, microfibre cloths and meguiars in various forms. i use the NXT stuff after the re-spray but on older paint apparently gold class is better.
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline Bluefox

• I live here
  • ...back again!
« Reply #11 on: 22 January 2007, 00:31 »
Method, I rinse first, then wash with three buckets: one above wheel level, one below, and one (well, half usually) for wheels... then obviously rinse again and dry using an Auto Glym chamois. I don't use those silicone things, they've scratched my paintwork in the past.

Products, i use the following:
Zymol Auto Wash
Auto Glym Intensive Tar Remover
Turtle Wax Safe Cut (if machine polished)
Auto Glym Paint Renovator (if hand polished)
Auto Glym Super Resin Polish
Ayto Glym Extra Gloss Protection (normally)
Meguiars Gold Class wax (if i want extra shine)
Turtle Wax Extreme Tyre Gel
Auto Glym Vinyl & Rubber care (for plastics)
Halfords Intensive Glass Cutter/Rain Repellent

That's all... use that on both my car (53 Skoda Superb) and other half's car ('89 GTi 8v) with much sucess. :)
Bluefox
Current: '84 Golf C 1.9 TDi | '01 Polo GTI | '01 Audi A2 TDi | '83 MG Metro
Previous: '83 GX | '04 R32 | '93 VR6 | '86 GTi 8v | '88 Diesel | '92 G60 | '04 Skoda Superb TDi | '90 GTi 8v | Plus many more!

Project Thread - http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=270683.0

Offline Ktuludays

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 29 January 2007, 19:35 »
check out www.detailingworld.co.uk

then get your wallet out and spend some cash.
<br /><br />What don\'t kill ya, makes you more strong!

Offline patch900

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 20 February 2007, 09:08 »
I always work inside out:

1. remove all the stuff in the car, take out the mats etc
2. for the inside, crack out the dyson and vac the whole car through - under the back seats, parcel shelf, boot, under the font seats. Basically remove all traces of anything that the vac can get hold of
3. been using turtle wax interior cleaner. spray on, leave 30secs then buff off with microfibre cloths
4. Clean the seats with upholstery cleaner (if they need). Stuff from halfrauds is so so. Need plenty of clean water to rinse off the cloths. Might have the upholstery cleaned properly sometime soon
5. Glass clean all inside windows
6. Vac all the mats off and put back inside

Outside:

1. Blast any crap off with the hose, get car nice and wet
2. Car shampoo, couple of buckets full, sponge and wash mit. Give it a good going over, make sure I clean all the insides of the doors etc
3. Spray it all off, shami it down. I often then move the car which helps move a lot of water in little crevices and keep drying it to remove all the water
4. wash it (Mer wax). Applicator to put it on and then micrfibre buff it off
5. Alloy cleaner (not acid variety). Clean all the alloys, then wash them off with water
6. Turtle wax tyre dressing, spray all the tyres down with this
7. Do all the trim last, to be honest think back to black is crap and am going to try the Kiwi polish method

After that, wait for it to rain and ruin all my handywork  :angry:
Virtually everything I know about the workings of the internal combustion engine can be written on the back of a small stamp with a large marker