Author Topic: A further wee update to the wee update... new engine bay.  (Read 4168 times)

Offline weytf

• Not said much yet
Re: A wee update
« Reply #10 on: 13 August 2018, 16:32 »
GTI nod! Is that even a thing? Never seen it yet...

I give the nod to any other GTI drivers I see - it's about a 50% hit rate on the return nod. Not bad!

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #11 on: 13 August 2018, 18:04 »
I give the nod to any other GTI drivers I see - it's about a 50% hit rate on the return nod. Not bad!

I might have to give that a try then, used to always do it when I rode a motorbike. Just GTI's or R's too?
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 14 August 2018, 08:26 »
Can I ask why you just didn't get the GTI as that is clearly what you want it to look like?

Lol no I’m not trying to make it look like a GTI, the GTD looks very plain from the front imo so it was either a black or red stripe to break it up that’s all.
2018 MK 7.5 GTD 3 Dr in Pure White,Extras,Front Splitter, Carbon Exhaust Tips.

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 14 August 2018, 08:28 »
I for one would feel a little deceived upon giving you the friendly 'GTI nod' when on the road...

The roof looks great though :)

Don’t worry mate, I wouldn’t leave you hanging I’d nod back 😀 but can’t say that I’ve ever anyone nod at me yet though lol

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 14 August 2018, 08:57 »

I might have to give that a try then, used to always do it when I rode a motorbike. Just GTI's or R's too?

Same here for me re biker nod when I used to ride.....I must pay more attention  :whistle:

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 15 August 2018, 10:34 »

Same here for me re biker nod when I used to ride.....I must pay more attention  :whistle:

Did it all the time as a biker but I’ve never seen it done as a car driver.

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #16 on: 16 August 2018, 00:12 »
Love the roof, the red strip doesn't work for me as it looks like a GTI wana be. I'd of gone gloss black strip to match into your theme. That's what I've gone for with my R, not keen on the chrome.

BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 16 August 2018, 08:27 »
Did this yesterday.

« Last Edit: 16 August 2018, 08:30 by JasonGTD »

Offline dervdave

• Not said much yet
Re: A further wee update to the wee update... new engine bay.
« Reply #18 on: 16 August 2018, 09:45 »
Too much Jas  :sick:
2016 GTD

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 16 August 2018, 10:24 »

Did it all the time as a biker but I’ve never seen it done as a car driver.
a lot of aircooled vw owners wave too