Author Topic: Nav Pro - Full factory reset  (Read 3966 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Nav Pro - Full factory reset
« Reply #10 on: 30 January 2018, 09:31 »
And:

https://media.info/radio/discussions/radio-chatter/logos-for-your-volkswagen-or-skoda-car-radio

"In Europe, I gather some stations update their logos over the air. I'm unaware of anyone in the UK doing this"
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline DTX3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 30 January 2018, 12:53 »
I recently changed a few station logos on mine as they were incorrect.

You can download UK radio station logos from http://infotainment.phonostar.de/images/vwag/eur/GBR.zip and copy the required logos onto an SD card

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 30 January 2018, 13:11 »
Major radio stations broadcast the logo in the UK.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 30 January 2018, 13:25 »
Well I did a reset on the Radio portion at lunchtime and re-programmed in my presets again. Most automatically downloaded the logos within a few minutes, but interestingly neither "Gold" or "Absolute Radio 80s" did. I then popped in an SD card with my logo's on, and selected the correct logos for the missing two stations.

When I went into info view (the logo and the track text view), the both displayed a larger version of the preset logo (hurray I thought, sorted at last). However after about 5 minutes, the Absolute Radio 80s" larger icon re-populated itself with the "Gold" logo, and the "Gold" radio station info view - repopulated again with a blank image place holder (this is despite the preset logo's staying the same). I can only guess it must be something that comes in over the air that's over-riding the logo's I put in in the Info view  ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 30 January 2018, 14:10 »
I'm guessing it's to do with factory presets being wrong... Not sure how it figures it out but as I said I do know that when absolute eighties moved dab channel it no longer applies the logo, which must mean the factory auto configuration works on channel band.. I expect gold has swapped since Vw set your car up.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 30 January 2018, 15:04 »
But if you assign a logo manually then the only way it doesn't show properly will be over the air broadcast. Manual assign will over ride anything built in from factory.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 15 February 2018, 08:42 »
Resurrecting an old thread. After going some investigation it does indeed seem that the Nav Pro (and maybe others) comes with a pre-installed "data Base" of UK stations. Problem though (as Fred mentioned above) is that many station move around the bands so where one station was (when the car was built), is now occupied my a new station (case in point - "Gold radio" being displayed as "Absolute Radio").

That being the case, is there a way (via VCDS or any other means for that matter), or getting the unit to "update" it's database to account for the swapping of channels in the intervening months), and thus display the logo's correctly ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 15 February 2018, 08:56 »
I don't think so, its in the configuration files for the NavPro... possibly a software update might have it? Assuming of course that VW bother to keep those files up to date...