Author Topic: Nav Pro - Full factory reset  (Read 3961 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Nav Pro - Full factory reset
« on: 29 January 2018, 16:51 »
Hi Guys - looking for a little advice. 2016 GTD with the Nav Pro (8" Screen MIB II).

It's pretty much behaving itself (just a couple of random gremlins), but when listening to DAB radio, I have configured the Screen icons how I want them (some downloaded automatically, some were added). No jokes about my music tastes please  :grin:,  - in my first 6 presets, I have Absolute Radio 80's and 90's (presets 4 & 5) and Gold Manchester (preset 1). The Icon's on the main preset screen all display fine as below.

The Problem I have i that when you change screens to the better radio text display (where you get a bigger Icon for the station logo and larger text for the track playing) by pressing the "view" button above, my logos are messed up. Most are OK, but for Absolute radio (both stations), I get the "Gold" radio station logo (even though the preset display icon is correct), and for the actual Gold radio station I get....nothing - just a blank place holder.

I'm thinking of doing a reset and was wondering if anyone had done this before and if you could just do it for the radio side of the unit rather than the whole unit (so Id loose my Navigation settings and destinations etc). Advice please ?
« Last Edit: 29 January 2018, 16:53 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Nav Pro - Full factory reset
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2018, 18:08 »
Yes you can reset individual bits like just radio
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2018, 18:27 »
It won't make a difference Andrew even resetting it. It's got something to do with the logo itself. Does it mine too.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 29 January 2018, 19:26 »
Don’t you have to download logos?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 29 January 2018, 20:42 »
2nd generation Nav pro auto loads station logos.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 29 January 2018, 21:23 »
Auto loads is a bit of a misnomer. It has some defined from the factory...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 29 January 2018, 21:40 »
I did think that some are pre loaded and “quirky” stations you have to do yourself, I don’t go on dab often (maybe twice in 5 months) but some logos are there some aren’t

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 29 January 2018, 21:43 »
After absolute eighties moved mine has dropped the logo. I could manually fix it but can't be bothered

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 29 January 2018, 22:41 »
They aren't from factory it's the radio station that broadcasts the logo. Some do and some don't and the ones that don't need the logo downloading.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 30 January 2018, 07:47 »
From the Golf manual :

Station logos may be pre-installed in the Infotainment system for some frequency bands or may be imported via a data medium (e.g. SD card).