Author Topic: The Petrol vs Diesel debate  (Read 9889 times)

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
Re: The Petrol vs Diesel debate
« Reply #60 on: 19 February 2018, 12:11 »
What a smashing little Polo GT that is. Class colour/wheel combination. And a pokey engine to boot. What more does one really need? :smiley:
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #61 on: 19 February 2018, 12:21 »
What a smashing little Polo GT that is. Class colour/wheel combination.

Blue Silk is definitely the best colour for the Polo, but then I’m biased; my Polo GTI is the same colour.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #62 on: 19 February 2018, 13:09 »
They really are great little cars. Actually this is the second Blue GT she's had (and both Blue Silk). The first was new in 2013 and when that was up for change, she asked for exactly the same but this time with a few extra toys. TBH, she wanted the GTi (and it wasn't that much more expensive), but two things stopped her from getting one.

Firstly, she loves the Blue Silk and at the time of ordering, it was still a Blue GT only exclusive colour (which was then opened up to the rest of the Polo range some months later), and secondly she wanted the active cruise control (ACC) that the MK7's have as she was so impressed with it. However that option wasn't available on the GTI, only on the Blue GT, so that's why she got another.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras