Author Topic: New MK7.5 GTi Ordered!  (Read 14189 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: New MK7.5 GTi Ordered!
« Reply #20 on: 16 January 2018, 06:57 »
The juddering after application has nothing to do with who applied it or the method. It's apparently down to the shape of the screen on the mk7 and it also happens on A3s too. My detailer won't apply one of the gtechnic products to any mk7 golf windscreen, can't remember which one though. As for standard wipers being rubbish that's a load of nonsense too. I've got the originals on mine and after 10k miles they still work perfectly!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 16 January 2018, 09:44 »
I'm not sure what the detailer put on my windows last year but it is still working and I have no problems with the wipers at all. The rear wiper will judder sometimes but only on the first wipe and is ok after that.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 16 January 2018, 15:13 »
I've got gtechnic on mine and mine doesn't judder either but I can't for the life of me remember what stuff was put on. On my gtd the wipers bounced all over and that was even after putting me Bosch ones on.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 16 January 2018, 15:30 »
The juddering after application has nothing to do with who applied it or the method. It's apparently down to the shape of the screen on the mk7 and it also happens on A3s too. My detailer won't apply one of the gtechnic products to any mk7 golf windscreen, can't remember which one though. As for standard wipers being rubbish that's a load of nonsense too. I've got the originals on mine and after 10k miles they still work perfectly!

Pleased to hear your wipers are good but their being poor is not rubbish. Google it and you'll find plenty of people with issues. The Bosch Aerotwins seem to resolve the issue and are well recommended. They certainly worked for me! Also, G-techniq C2v3 is excellent on glass.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline O2Doc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 16 January 2018, 16:10 »
Speccing a 1.5 TSi with LED headlights just made no financial sense!). So I have ordered a MK7.5 GTi DSG in Isaac Blue with the following options:

Climate windscreen
Rear view camera

It might have made financial sense depending on what other equipment that the GTI has as base were things that they wanted...

I fully agree that choosing a R line and adding LED lights doesn't make much sense, but if you had chosen a SE 1.5TSI DSG plus LED's, met paint, rear camera, climate screen its £25535 (RRP) vs £31670 for the GTI DSG plus met paint, rear camera and climate screen.... thats 6 grand different!

The residuals won't be significantly different either plus the fuel bill, insurance and road tax will be a lot less too...

I'm not saying I'd be happy with the SE, just commenting on your logic ;-)

It was always going to be an R-line never an SE! Yeah R-Line with all the options that I’m getting with the GTi through DTD was about £1k difference. Probably make that up in residuals for it being a GTi.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #25 on: 16 January 2018, 16:16 »
That does make sense if the R line base spec is what you wanted... similarly as I said, not so much if its got things you'll never want or use.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 16 January 2018, 18:06 »

Pleased to hear your wipers are good but their being poor is not rubbish. Google it and you'll find plenty of people with issues. The Bosch Aerotwins seem to resolve the issue and are well recommended. They certainly worked for me! Also, G-techniq C2v3 is excellent on glass.
Early mk7s were terrible for the wipers but then later ones were ok. I know Gtechnic stuff is good but one of the glass products causes judder.

Offline O2Doc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 16 January 2018, 22:20 »
Having read around on the Gtechniq issue, sounds like there are a number of things going on.

-perhaps the windscreen shape is not ideal / although really how much difference can there be in the shape of a windscreen?

- perhaps there are different models of wipers dependent on when the car was made

- there definitely will be a difference in the way people prep their windscreens prior to application

On balance I’m willing to risk it and eat my words. With enough people on various forums suggesting they have no problems with juddering I’m going to give it a go!

Offline O2Doc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 17 January 2018, 10:15 »
Here is the same spec car...detailed (not by me!)

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=401881

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 17 January 2018, 13:06 »
Here is the same spec car...detailed (not by me!)

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=401881

Never had a car detailed, so how much would a job like that cost?
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.