Author Topic: Racing line turbo elbow  (Read 11198 times)

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
Re: Racing line turbo elbow
« Reply #50 on: 04 December 2017, 20:13 »
Finally received the Creation Motorsports Turbo Inlet, unfortunately they shipped it to my home address and not my work address so only picked it up at the weekend.

The good news is the quality of the Creation Motorsports turbo inlet is superb. I really like how they have branded the product in a discreet way. Once fitted you can't see the logo's which I prefer, as the engine bay still looks stock.

Only driven a few miles with it fitted, all of which has been in wet and rainy weather. That said I can't really feel any difference (butt dyno) nor can I hear any increases in induction sound.  :huh:

Only other changes are a Pipercross drop in filter and snow guard removed.

Now just waiting for a dry day so that I give it a proper test, but not expecting much to be honest ....

Looks good, did you use the standard pipe from the air box to the elbow?
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #51 on: 04 December 2017, 20:36 »
Is this easy to fit?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
« Reply #52 on: 05 December 2017, 10:46 »
In answer to all the questions;

I'm yet to install the turbo muffler delete as I wanted to test out each item on its own.

Super easy to fit, take out the airbox, remove 8mm bolt from turbo inlet bracket, and then simply twist to remove. Took me no longer than 10 minutes. You also need to remove the rubber seal from the original inlet and use with the new one.

And yes I've kept the original plastic tubing, so the engine bay looks stock.

Had dry-ish roads on my route to work this morning, so once warm I gave her some beans. The car felt alive, its hard to tell if theres any real improvement but I did have a massive grin on my face.

MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #53 on: 05 December 2017, 13:59 »
Looking at this test, I can't imagine you'd feel much difference?

https://www.mishimoto.com/engineering/2015/11/volkswagen-mk7-gti-induction-part-3-dyno-testing-results/

Its a fairly minor tweak which is probably more about being one of several different things to achieve a larger ultimate performance goal?

+5ps from this, +5 from something else, +50 from a stage 1 tune, +20 from an exhaust and the sum of the parts?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #54 on: 05 December 2017, 15:13 »
That'll be the same then with people with a standard GTi to a PP GTi??
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #55 on: 05 December 2017, 15:32 »
That'll be the same then with people with a standard GTi to a PP GTi??

Are you referring to the mishimoto intake? If so, there's virtually no gains on it - the quoted maximum gains only occur where the torque/power curves have shifted in comparison to revs between 4,500 and 5,000rpm with minor gains (and some losses) at other rev ranges. Are intake mods worth it on a standard car, considering the cost? IMHO not really. Once you get up to Stage 3 levels, then you will see a more pronounced improvement as the limitations of the stock intake system become more apparent.

Let's put it this way - even at stage 1 levels (DTUK Tuning box) I removed my Pipercross induction kit and sold it on as there was absolutely no noticeable gains.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!