Author Topic: CSS owners with VCDS/OBDEleven wanted  (Read 1820 times)

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
CSS owners with VCDS/OBDEleven wanted
« on: 16 October 2017, 16:07 »
As per title, just wanting to confirm whether a conspiracy theory of mine since over 1.5 years ago is true as there is now evidence to back it up :grin:  . If anyone can simply check (no need to change anything) the followign setting in their CSS with either a VCDS or OBDEleven and let us know:

Module 32 - Electronic/Diff locks > Adaptation > Acoustic measure: wiring logic) >>>  What setting is your CSS on (from factory?

Thanks!

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
Re: CSS owners with VCDS/OBDEleven wanted
« Reply #1 on: 16 October 2017, 16:11 »
Interesting ... club sport s diff setting.

Have tried this on my GTI performance and it does seem to dial up the diff a bit more.

Got it switched back now, but would be good to confirm.

MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2017, 09:08 »
Interesting ... club sport s diff setting.

Have tried this on my GTI performance and it does seem to dial up the diff a bit more.

Got it switched back now, but would be good to confirm.

Yep. Those reports that the diff/car felt a bit lacking at the limit compared to the Cupra Sub8 and no mention of such issues on the CSS despite all them being on the same hardware had got me assuming that it's probably another deliberate VW de-tune (of the diff this time) in order to create enough gap for their model variants (same as the 265/290bhp nonsense). If the CSS turns out to come at "increased traction" setting from factory then I'll be rather happy with myself.

Changed mine last night but wasn't able to test it enough as no appropriate bends near me, have to make a drive bit more far away to find a proper test environment - everyone's swearing by it though and how it made a significant diff-erence (pun intended). How come you switched yours back to standard?
« Last Edit: 17 October 2017, 09:10 by scanesare »

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2017, 10:39 »
No other reason, other than I've not had the car that long.

Will probably switch it back on when the weather improves next spring, about the same time I plan to upgrade my wheels & tyres - hopefully Michelin will have the pilot sport 4s tyres in 18" by then.

MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #4 on: 17 October 2017, 11:03 »
No other reason, other than I've not had the car that long.

Will probably switch it back on when the weather improves next spring, about the same time I plan to upgrade my wheels & tyres - hopefully Michelin will have the pilot sport 4s tyres in 18" by then.

I get the new car worry, I also wondered whether I was doing the right thing messing with settings withing the first month, but not any more  :tongue: I can only imagine having the diff on its increased traction setting would be a benefit. How often do we corner that hard in daily basis anyway? I changed coupled of other stuff that I need to try: XDS set to weak, and couple of brake mods and all together they should make for a much more natural behavior.

Another one that hopes PS4S will come out in 18" eh? I'm on the same boat but if nothing is out till next April it will be the perfect excuse for 19" aftermarket summer alloys...  :whistle:

In fact there is one 18" size already out (at least in US) but it's a stupid high 245/40/18 it looks almost like a 4x4 tyre.
« Last Edit: 17 October 2017, 11:09 by scanesare »

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #5 on: 21 October 2017, 14:32 »
Not even one?? come on S guys!