Author Topic: Still got no idea which tyres?!?  (Read 11267 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Still got no idea which tyres?!?
« Reply #40 on: 21 October 2017, 07:59 »
No nowhere near 50!! Maybe I'm just a better driver than others and can manage a so called inferior tyre without using a lead right foot and wheel spinning. I don't care what tyres you have but you adjust your driving style to suit the road conditions and not drive the same in all conditions. You must be one of these loonys who drives like an idiot in rain, hail and snow and thinks it's great. Anyway as I've said the Bridgestones are not the best tyre but certainly not worth chucking for new ones immediately.

Jesus, making a lot of assumptions there about my driving! Shall I send you my dashcam footage?!

Maybe I'm just a better driver.. yes ok Lewis, chill yourself out...! At least you could qualify for moronic forum post of 2017  :wink:
Not really but most of yours would qualify too! I'm agreeing that the Bridgestones aren't the best but you can still drive the car properly without inducing wheelspin or any traction control lights. If you can't then it's down to driving style.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #41 on: 21 October 2017, 08:03 »
Why would you be sliding around Daz Auto?? Driving style maybe  :whistle:

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 21 October 2017, 08:57 »
No nowhere near 50!! Maybe I'm just a better driver than others and can manage a so called inferior tyre without using a lead right foot and wheel spinning. I don't care what tyres you have but you adjust your driving style to suit the road conditions and not drive the same in all conditions. You must be one of these loonys who drives like an idiot in rain, hail and snow and thinks it's great. Anyway as I've said the Bridgestones are not the best tyre but certainly not worth chucking for new ones immediately.

Jesus, making a lot of assumptions there about my driving! Shall I send you my dashcam footage?!

Maybe I'm just a better driver.. yes ok Lewis, chill yourself out...! At least you could qualify for moronic forum post of 2017  :wink:
Not really but most of yours would qualify too! I'm agreeing that the Bridgestones aren't the best but you can still drive the car properly without inducing wheelspin or any traction control lights. If you can't then it's down to driving style.

Ok - maybe the post wasn't that bad!

I wonder if having the diff on the PP makes a difference? I'm not saying it's un-driveable but I will be interested to see how it feels when I need to change the tyres as definitely wouldn't get the Bridgestones again.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 21 October 2017, 17:03 »
Before I sold my Lugano wheels I tried them on the Golf and braking from 60mph to a stop and the P Zeros stoped over 30ft quicker(from memory) than the Bridgestones. It was late March and not cold and dry and the abs was working the whole way with the BS.

Tried it with my Cup 2's as well and they were much better than the P Zeros.

If a kid runs out in front of me I know which tyre I wouldn't want on the car.
« Last Edit: 21 October 2017, 20:04 by I wanted a GTi »
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 21 October 2017, 17:19 »
I was just thinking the same Jim. Might explain why I don't get the wheel spin. I do admit that when cold the Bridgestones are not the best and I wouldn't buy a set but I've done 9000 miles on them and they are ok (nicer when warmed up though 😁).

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #45 on: 16 November 2017, 16:25 »
This problem is now resolved for me, just ordered 4x PS4S on Blackcircles. They are doing £40 off for 4 plus when I went through the checkout they offered 6 months interest free with no deposit. Well, it'd be rude not to accept :wink: Hope all you wonderful people are right about these tyres, P Zeros were £120 cheaper and my existing ones have covered 20k miles so I'm expecting miracles :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #46 on: 16 November 2017, 16:38 »
This problem is now resolved for me, just ordered 4x PS4S on Blackcircles. They are doing £40 off for 4 plus when I went through the checkout they offered 6 months interest free with no deposit. Well, it'd be rude not to accept :wink: Hope all you wonderful people are right about these tyres, P Zeros were £120 cheaper and my existing ones have covered 20k miles so I'm expecting miracles :whistle:

Terrible decision, they are crap tyres.   :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #47 on: 16 November 2017, 17:00 »

Oh no :sad: :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #48 on: 16 November 2017, 17:17 »

Agree especially at this time of year.....Alpin 5's much better...  :tongue:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #49 on: 16 November 2017, 17:46 »

Agree especially at this time of year.....Alpin 5's much better...  :tongue:

But it's 25c and sunny every day down here :wink:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.