Author Topic: First Service.  (Read 4635 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: First Service.
« Reply #10 on: 10 August 2017, 19:12 »
My first service included a damaged alloy wheel as a free introductory gift : )
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 10 August 2017, 20:48 »
My first service included a damaged alloy wheel as a free introductory gift : )

......and months of trying to get the replacement wheels sorted. Some dealers will do anything to keep you coming back :whistle:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 11 August 2017, 17:42 »
Just checked my invoice, it would've been £147.65 all in, parts were oil, filter, drain plug and screenwash (that didn't even need topping up but they charged for it anyway the buggers) plus an 'express visual check' and connect to the computer.

They usually do that with the screenwash. I usually fill up the screenwash up to the brim before dropping the car off for service. They tried to pull the screenwash stunt on me the first time and it didn't work for them as I told them I topped up the fluid before bringing in the car. They "kindly" deducted it from the final invoice as a "commercial gesture", cheeky p***ks. For my second GTI I went for the service plan so not that bothered anymore.
« Last Edit: 11 August 2017, 19:06 by GeoBog »
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2020 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
------------------------------------------
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.