Author Topic: VW Media Control App  (Read 2599 times)

Offline Beezer

• Not said much yet
VW Media Control App
« on: 08 August 2017, 13:30 »
My 7.5 GTI has this option as a menu on the home screen. Apparently it allows passengers to connect to the media system on their phone or tablet via Wifi and take control of what's playing or nav destinations.

Anyway, I've tried both the iPhone and iPad apps and cannot get either to work.

When trying to connect the app says there is a newer version available and directs to the app store where the only app is the one I already have.

Anyone had any success with getting this to work? Hardly a big problem but it just bugs me when things don't work as they should!  :angry:

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
Re: VW Media Control App
« Reply #1 on: 08 August 2017, 14:18 »
It's bad enough having passengers in the car at all, let alone having them playing around with the choice of music / radio station and messing with the sat nav  :rolleyes:

I hope this feature can be disabled!
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline Beezer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 08 August 2017, 18:40 »
I hope this feature can be disabled!

Well it doesn't work anyway so it won't need disabling!!  :grin:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 09 August 2017, 16:38 »
Even by Vw standards that media control app is rubbish and bug ridden. Waste of time.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2017, 06:57 »
I have problem with the mirrorlink and Androidauto... just a lot of bugs... :angry:

I use my Work Iphone instead.. The carplay is great..  :grin:
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline Beezer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 19 August 2017, 14:13 »
Just noticed this iPhone app had updated in the App Store so gave it another go and it seems to work now.

If you turn the wireless hotspot in the car on you can connect your iPhone or iPad by wifi to the head unit. You can then take control of the sat nav or music. Music wise you can either play from the iPad or control whatever's plugged in directly in the USB or sd card slots.

Might prove handy on long journeys if there are a few people in the car. Or it might just prove to be a useless gimmick, but at least it's working!