Author Topic: Wheel removal  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Wheel removal
« on: 29 July 2017, 18:25 »
Just a quick question as I am going to be removing the wheels on my Mk7.5 to apply some sealant in the next week with a trolley jack and ideally want to get it up to be able to remove both wheels on 1 side at a time.

Is there a place to jack up the car centrally without doing any damage to get both front and rear off the ground?

Cheers

Jim
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Wheel removal
« Reply #1 on: 29 July 2017, 23:51 »
I don't think so. I jack mine up and pop the spare on and drop it down. You might be best to get some stands if you want to do two at a time.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Gaz W

• Not said much yet
Re: Wheel removal
« Reply #2 on: 03 September 2017, 21:41 »
If you lift from the front jacking point providing you have a half decent trolley jack or similar and are not using the supplied roadside jack (which I strongly advise against, they are lethal!) then you will lift both wheels off the ground no problem.

As always with wheels off the car for any length of time place axle stands ideally under suitable points on the car to support.
MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, DSG, Indium Grey, DCC, 19" Brescia Alloys, Dynaudio, Jacara Cloth Interior