Author Topic: Gulf Fuel  (Read 9743 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Gulf Fuel
« on: 23 May 2017, 21:47 »
Anyone used Gulf fuel and can report what it's like. Going to Skye in a couple of weeks and only fuel station is a gulf one at Broadford.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
Re: Gulf Fuel
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2017, 22:35 »
What a random question, what makes you think it'll be vastly different from any other fuel?

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2017, 22:51 »
What a random question, what makes you think it'll be vastly different from any other fuel?

Because there can be a huge difference in the quality of fuel. I've noticed it in the diesel I use.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2017, 00:00 »
How vast is Skye? Unless you intend to do an Isle of Man tt circuit type race that is :  :grin:Fill up before the ferry.
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2017, 07:04 »
Not using the ferry, driving all the way up. Amazing how you ask a question on here now and all you get is smart a4se comments. Not from everyone I might add! The reason for the question is I've only used Shell and Esso fuel so far in my car and was just wondering if anyone had used Gulf filling stations.
« Last Edit: 24 May 2017, 07:06 by mcmaddy »
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Eriktheviking

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2017, 07:26 »
Sorry to hijack the thread but what fuels do you think are the better quality?

Ive had a company car for the last 6 years and a fuel card; we were only allowed to put the cheap stuff in.

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2017, 10:00 »

Because there can be a huge difference in the quality of fuel. I've noticed it in the diesel I use.

*roll eyes*

That old chestnut, I guess supermarket fuel is the devil fuel for engines isn't it.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2017, 10:04 »
It all comes out of the same oil tanker  :laugh:
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 24 May 2017, 10:24 »
It all comes out of the same oil tanker  :laugh:

With different additives added by the tanker driver when pumping it into the tanks at the station.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2017, 10:28 »

*roll eyes*

That old chestnut, I guess supermarket fuel is the devil fuel for engines isn't it.

It is up to you to think what you want, as it is for me. Are you saying that the people that do notice a difference are wrong or they're stupid because they don't think the same as you.