Author Topic: Post your 7.5 GTI exterior pics in here please - solve my colour conundrum  (Read 49939 times)

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular

Oh you guys...  :whistle:

Here you go, a few quick snaps after work;

Looks really good mate. Love the interior. I've gone for Isaac blue too. What's your thoughts on the colour appearance in the flesh? It seems to change from every angle.
It's very nice, everyone who has seen it has commented on the colour. It does look grey with a hint of blue, until you park it next to a grey car and it's totally different. Like you say, it appears different depending on the angle. There's loads of metallic fleck in it as well, which probably helps.
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
Excellent photos - confirms I made the right choice in Isaac Blue when I get it. :grin:
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline Beezer

• Not said much yet
It's very nice, everyone who has seen it has commented on the colour. It does look grey with a hint of blue, until you park it next to a grey car and it's totally different. Like you say, it appears different depending on the angle. There's loads of metallic fleck in it as well, which probably helps.

Nice one. It sounds like a good choice then. When you've paid extra for a metallic, it's nice that it really shows through.

I keep wondering whether I should have gone for something lighter, but im sticking with my original instinct. That's the problem with these 16 week lead times, you end up with too much time to think! :undecided:

Offline Avallon

• Not said much yet
More Black Rubin pretty plz! Poor lessee here...

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
Excellent photos - confirms I made the right choice in Isaac Blue when I get it. :grin:

My thoughts exactly!
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here

I suspect no one on the forum has either ordered or taken delivery of a mk7.5 Golf in Black Rubin yet, so that's why the only pictures that've been posted are of the nearly new one that's currently for sale on the VW website.

Maybe you can be the first forum member to post up pictures when you get yours; assuming Black Rubin is still your colour choice.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
I know I'm in the minority by I really like the wheel, especially from the passenger side.

5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
I know I'm in the minority by I really like the wheel, especially from the passenger side.
I don't think you're in the minority. :wink:
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline Avallon

• Not said much yet

I suspect no one on the forum has either ordered or taken delivery of a mk7.5 Golf in Black Rubin yet, so that's why the only pictures that've been posted are of the nearly new one that's currently for sale on the VW website.

Maybe you can be the first forum member to post up pictures when you get yours; assuming Black Rubin is still your colour choice.

Looks like I might be. I won't get mine until September though. :/ Would have preferred Isaac Blue but just couldn't justify the cost increase on a 'bargain' 24 month lease. Also Mrs. Avallon said she wanted the Black Rubin...

Offline Matt17121991

• Not said much yet

[/quote][/quote]

Looks like I might be. I won't get mine until September though. :/ Would have preferred Isaac Blue but just couldn't justify the cost increase on a 'bargain' 24 month lease. Also Mrs. Avallon said she wanted the Black Rubin...
[/quote]

If you don't mind me asking, what deal did you get on your lease and who with? You must have ordered quite recently if delivery isn't until sept?
« Last Edit: 23 May 2017, 10:28 by Matt17121991 »