Author Topic: Post your 7.5 GTI exterior pics in here please - solve my colour conundrum  (Read 49904 times)

Offline Fewie

• Not said much yet
@ Kane1210, cracking photo, thanks. I'd seen white silver before but in that shot it looks great. One for a sunny day I think.

@ SRGTD, never though about VW used, been checking auto trader but there 0 mark 7.5 GTI's listed ATM.

@kalimon, tungsten seems a safe choice. And white (my fall back option) seems to suit the GTI well but I've had lots of silver cars before and my current Octavia is white so wondering if I should be more adventurous
MK7.5 Golf GTI in Isaac Blue with Performance Pack, 19" Brescia's, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera & Climate Screen, ordered 16/05/17.  Counting down the days to collection on September 2nd

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
@ Kane1210, cracking photo, thanks. I'd seen white silver before but in that shot it looks great. One for a sunny day I think.

@ SRGTD, never though about VW used, been checking auto trader but there 0 mark 7.5 GTI's listed ATM.

@kalimon, tungsten seems a safe choice. And white (my fall back option) seems to suit the GTI well but I've had lots of silver cars before and my current Octavia is white so wondering if I should be more adventurous
I personally would get Isaac Blue and VW don't do any adventurous colours last time I looked.
Orange with a black roof would be cool.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here

I personally would get Isaac Blue and VW don't do any adventurous colours last time I looked.
Orange with a black roof would be cool.

vw Germany will do any colour you like - they have a palette of about 100 shades of various colours - "special paint" at a "special" price of course. I don't know if VW UK would accomodate a customer looking to spec one of those colours, I suspect not, as they don't seem to be flexible to unusual requests that way. I know VW Ireland would if you waved enough money at them.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline david25

• I live here
@ David25, that's the best photo I've seen of tungsten, thank you for posting

Bit darker compared to the outgoing Reflex Silver
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline david25

• I live here

vw Germany will do any colour you like - they have a palette of about 100 shades of various colours - "special paint" at a "special" price of course. I don't know if VW UK would accomodate a customer looking to spec one of those colours, I suspect not, as they don't seem to be flexible to unusual requests that way. I know VW Ireland would if you waved enough money at them.
[/quote]

Special paint will cost you 2000 euros (just like Audi Individual) and expect a long delivery time.
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
I don't think you'd regret your choice of Tungsten at a later date. It's a really cool colour imo and quite rare on a GTI as far as I can tell.
... if he likes white, then he might regret it every time he sees a white one.

Found a Pure White GTI with Brescias -

More photos of it here - http://www.barnards.co.uk/used-car-details/used-volkswagen-golf-mk7-facelift-hatchback-5-dr-2-hatchback-pure-white-ds-petrol-id_823606320186.aspx

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
Another Pure White with Brescias -

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Fewie

• Not said much yet
That pure white does look very nice.  Do you think they are 90% tints?
MK7.5 Golf GTI in Isaac Blue with Performance Pack, 19" Brescia's, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera & Climate Screen, ordered 16/05/17.  Counting down the days to collection on September 2nd

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
I do like those Brescia wheels (and have ordered them for mine) but I do wonder how easy they will be to damage through 'curbing'? What do others think?

Generally it's the wife that drives by 'touch' but I admit I have spoilt a rim through carelessness (or aggressive curbs as I prefer to think of it  :whistle:)
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline Fewie

• Not said much yet
I do like those Brescia wheels (and have ordered them for mine) but I do wonder how easy they will be to damage through 'curbing'? What do others think?

Generally it's the wife that drives by 'touch' but I admit I have spoilt a rim through carelessness (or aggressive curbs as I prefer to think of it  :whistle:)

I've been thinking the same but my logic was that I'd never kerbed the rims on my Octavia, that was until this morning at least... :cry: