Author Topic: Pulling the trigger tomo!!  (Read 1556 times)

Offline kane1210

• Here all the time
Pulling the trigger tomo!!
« on: 18 May 2017, 19:00 »
So I've come to a conclusion and after many dealer visits and car wow enquiries! Drive the deal have been the best for me!

3 door gti manual in white silver

List price 28400
Discounted to 24043
2k deposit
10k miles
4 year deal
302pm

No extras on the car I'm very happy wihlth the standard spec!

Will order tomo after one last visit to another local dealer because we have a golden ticket event invite!

Just under 4k off is about right ? No?

Offline Fewie

• Not said much yet
Re: Pulling the trigger tomo!!
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2017, 19:07 »
I ended up with Drive the deal too. My discount was around £4800 but that's on a 5dr car with a bit of spec.
My local dealer wouldn't play ball, suggesting that they'd be losing on £3k on the car at that price...

Did you not fancy ordering the performance pack?
MK7.5 Golf GTI in Isaac Blue with Performance Pack, 19" Brescia's, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera & Climate Screen, ordered 16/05/17.  Counting down the days to collection on September 2nd

Offline mezzer123

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2017, 19:19 »
Just a thought, have you tried orangewheels?? not sure whether they'll be any cheaper but worth a try
2016 Golf GTI PP, 5 Doors, Carbon Grey, 19" Santiago's, Leather Seats

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2017, 19:33 »
So I've come to a conclusion and after many dealer visits and car wow enquiries! Drive the deal have been the best for me!

3 door gti manual in white silver

List price 28400
Discounted to 24043
2k deposit
10k miles
4 year deal
302pm

No extras on the car I'm very happy wihlth the standard spec!

Will order tomo after one last visit to another local dealer because we have a golden ticket event invite!

Just under 4k off is about right ? No?

When I specced my 2016 Gti as you can see below everything apart from PP it came out mid 35k and after getting one dealer to accept £28 all in I went back to my dealer we bought the wife's Scirocco from in 2010 and they matched it 28k all in so you can probably get better than 4k off I got 6k plus and if you can hold off until the month the end your likely to get a better deal if they haven't reached their target figures good luck  :whistle:
« Last Edit: 18 May 2017, 19:49 by gtiaps »
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2017, 19:49 »
I think you'll struggle to beat Drive the Deal by much on a facelifted car.
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2017, 09:40 »
I ended up with Drive the deal too. My discount was around £4800 but that's on a 5dr car with a bit of spec.
My local dealer wouldn't play ball, suggesting that they'd be losing on £3k on the car at that price...

Its unlikely they'd loose money, but certainly their minimum margins would have been dented more than they would want.

You know that the DTD VW supplying dealer is ordering these on a fleet basis - so a different discount structure based on committed quantities that dwarf even a major dealer chain...

The other dealers must absolutely hate DTD
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Bungleaio

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2017, 10:48 »
I'm gutted. There was no trigger to pull or button to push when I ordered mine, I feel like I missed out on part of the ceremony.

Enjoy the waiting process though. It's a nice feeling knowing that you've got a new car on the way!
Abarth 595 Turismo + Classic Mini + Triumph Street Triple RS
Did have 3door DBP GTI PP

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2017, 11:03 »
Enjoy the waiting process though. It's a nice feeling knowing that you've got a new car on the way!
[/quote]

Even better when you get the call to collect your car and you see it in the flesh for the 1st time  :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆