Author Topic: Number of Clubsport Edition 40s Imported into the UK  (Read 16457 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: Number of Clubsport Edition 40s Imported into the UK
« Reply #30 on: 05 June 2017, 16:21 »
Seems a bit heavy...

That is what I was thinking. My sister has only seen tow on the road, one black and the other was red like hers. There is a possibility that her car may be coming over here to the UK next year to its new owner, :whistle:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline douglaslad

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 05 June 2017, 17:03 »
At the very most I would say there was about 20 to 30 Clubsports sold in Ireland.
Pure White Manual 3dr Clubsport.
Dynamic Chassis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio, Sat Nav Pro, Rear view Camera, Car Net, Standard Sport Seats, 18" Belvederes.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 05 June 2017, 17:06 »
At the very most I would say there was about 20 to 30 Clubsports sold in Ireland.

Any idea how many CSS went over there?
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 05 June 2017, 17:25 »
Is this based on just seeing them?  :huh:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline douglaslad

• Not said much yet
« Reply #34 on: 05 June 2017, 17:35 »
No CSS were sold in Ireland, If there is any then they were privately brought in from the UK.
Pure White Manual 3dr Clubsport.
Dynamic Chassis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio, Sat Nav Pro, Rear view Camera, Car Net, Standard Sport Seats, 18" Belvederes.

Offline NK

• Not said much yet
« Reply #35 on: 25 June 2017, 22:06 »
I'll be honest - I slightly disagree that the FOI act 2000 is a bad thing. It's actually a very useful tool when used correctly and appropriately (for instance, trying to find out if a road has been inspected properly in support of a claim for pothole damage from a poorly maintained road).

It's the idiots that use it to try and find out how many paper clips were wasted in the last financial year that cause the unreasonable workload.

Unfortunately it has been deemed that personnel employed by public authorities need to be seen to be accountable (in some cases, with very good reason - although no finger pointing here lol)

It's a pity the same didn't apply to the private sector and perhaps we wouldn't be in the state we are just now

If it applied to the private sector that would mean a level playing field so surely not allowed!

Offline NK

• Not said much yet
« Reply #36 on: 25 June 2017, 22:24 »
By poverty spec cars  do you mean omission of certain clubsport specs like the red edged seat belts /normal sills?
Have emailed VW Germany head office  about this but they keep referring me to VWUk, the very people who don't know anything about their cars apart from marketing PR

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #37 on: 26 June 2017, 00:48 »
By poverty spec cars  do you mean omission of certain clubsport specs like the red edged seat belts /normal sills?
Have emailed VW Germany head office  about this but they keep referring me to VWUk, the very people who don't know anything about their cars apart from marketing PR

Poverty spec is a commonly used term from the motortrade to describe a car with no options fitted.
It came from the days when you were lucky to get carpet and a heated rear screen as standard, never mind luxuries like a basic radio or a passenger side wing mirror. A bit of a misnomer nowadays but it's an amusing enough depiction in a British sort of way so is still used.

Get some pics up NK :afro:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 26 June 2017, 08:47 »
Still haven't seen or heard of a CS with a number in the 800s upwards.  Despite what VW UK say, I reckon there were less than 800 imported into the UK.  I wonder how we can find out the definite number?  Someone managed it for the Edition 30 back in the day, so it must be possible?

Offline faisal_uk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #39 on: 27 June 2017, 10:23 »
I was also after this info and posted in the Clubsport thread before seeing this page!
I remember reading the press release when they were launched and it did seem a bit vague on numbers. They seemed to imply there would be 'around' 1000 units produced but with no hard stop number in place.
I think they were just trying to get as many orders in saying it would be 'first come, first served'

However being £31-32K basic price + options - it was probably a tough choice for a new car with some many other competitors (which are all faster! - Focus RS, M135i, Golf R, S3).

Not sure how often this is updated but howmanyleft seem to indicate 514 registered Edition 40 cars at the moment.