Author Topic: Number of Clubsport Edition 40s Imported into the UK  (Read 16462 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Number of Clubsport Edition 40s Imported into the UK
« Reply #20 on: 21 May 2017, 13:15 »
The numbering was a VWUK only thing, they're still smarting from the huge fuss owners made when the Edition 30 was initially listed as being 1500 cars and owners found out they imported around 2500 or more, hence the plaques that were retrofitted to the ED30 and subsequently fitted to the ED40.
I'm not sure what happened about the ED35 numbering, nobody was paying attention to that model such was its overwhelmingly under the radar launch and marketing. They didn't sell in big numbers that's for sure.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 21 May 2017, 21:41 »
Thats the first time I have seen ED40 used to describe the latest anniversary model.. Well done that man.

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 22 May 2017, 09:42 »
Thats the first time I have seen ED40 used to describe the latest anniversary model.. Well done that man.

Probably because it has clubsport across both sides of it.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #23 on: 22 May 2017, 11:59 »
I'll be honest - I slightly disagree that the FOI act 2000 is a bad thing. It's actually a very useful tool when used correctly and appropriately (for instance, trying to find out if a road has been inspected properly in support of a claim for pothole damage from a poorly maintained road).

It's the idiots that use it to try and find out how many paper clips were wasted in the last financial year that cause the unreasonable workload.

Unfortunately it has been deemed that personnel employed by public authorities need to be seen to be accountable (in some cases, with very good reason - although no finger pointing here lol)
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 22 May 2017, 13:12 »
I'll be honest - I slightly disagree that the FOI act 2000 is a bad thing. It's actually a very useful tool when used correctly and appropriately (for instance, trying to find out if a road has been inspected properly in support of a claim for pothole damage from a poorly maintained road).

It's the idiots that use it to try and find out how many paper clips were wasted in the last financial year that cause the unreasonable workload.

Unfortunately it has been deemed that personnel employed by public authorities need to be seen to be accountable (in some cases, with very good reason - although no finger pointing here lol)

It's a pity the same didn't apply to the private sector and perhaps we wouldn't be in the state we are just now

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 03 June 2017, 08:53 »
Anyone see an edition number in the 800 or 900s while looking at CS dealer stock?

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 04 June 2017, 22:02 »
Doesn't the fact that Ireland didn't get unique build numbers give a hint as to why we aren't seeing plaques above 700?
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 04 June 2017, 23:10 »
Doesn't the fact that Ireland didn't get unique build numbers give a hint as to why we aren't seeing plaques above 700?
It was only VW UK that numbered the cars, Southern Irish cars therefore aren't numbered.
Only the CSS's were numbered properly from the factory.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 05 June 2017, 10:40 »

So you recon that Ireland got 300 clubsport's?
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 05 June 2017, 15:51 »
Seems a bit heavy...
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership