Author Topic: Golf 7.5 GTI Facelift versus Golf 7 GTI Clubsport  (Read 5139 times)

Offline MJ-GTI

• Not said much yet
Hi Guys,

Mmbere here from South Africa, our first batch of Golf 7.5 GTI Facelift has arrived. I have made my own specified order as well sometime early in January 2017 and my facelift is due to arrive in South Africa on the 10th of May 2017. Today i went to the dealer to view the first batch of the facelift that has arrived at the dealer and the sales person suddenly told me that they have a GTI Clubsport that is on the floor that is almost the same price as the GTI facelift i have ordered and it might go very quick, now i am stuck between going for the Clubsport or the Facelift, very much confused  :sad:.

Which one would you go for? And why?

And yes, i think we have fogs . . . i just forgot to focus my attention on them, i will send a few pics during the week.

Current: Mk7 GTI | 5-Door | Pure White | DSG |

Previous: VW Polo 1.6 Comfortline

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: Golf 7.5 GTI Facelift versus Golf 7 GTI Clubsport
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2017, 16:45 »
Welcome to the forum.
It's a no brainer, get the Clubsport
It's the best Golf ever as far as I'm concerned, certainly the best looking :drool:
Plenty of reviews available, all of them pretty glowing about the CS.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline infernox

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 03 May 2017, 16:49 »
I was thinking the exact same thing a couple weeks back (but may end up getting an S3 facelift). For me, I'd go for the clubsport. Looks better, sounds better, will be worth more when you sell it since its a rare care and its faster/more driver focused. The bad points are you won't get the facelift upgrades, but compared to the clubsport they are mainly interior. The big miss will be no Active Info Display depending of if you really like it or not. I see the recommendation for the gti facelift is to not upgrade to Nav Pro, so the standard Nav on facelift GTI is pretty much the same as Nav Pro on the clubsport but you'll get fingerprint marks on it (and it might be faster but not confirmed). Saying that, nothing wrong with the standard MIB 2 nav on the pre-facelift. A tougher decision is Clubsport vs Facelift R.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2017, 17:27 »
Definitely the Clubsport. What colour is it and does it have 3 or 5 doors? Does it also have the highly desirable optional Clubsport-specific sports seats (assuming they were available in South Africa)?
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 03 May 2017, 18:54 »
Clubsport every time for me although I would have bought a GTI PP if i wasn't able to get my hands on a clubsport. It's a fantastic car and I am not bothered about all the extras, mine is a basic spec car. The clubsport will stand out more, sound better and be a better car to drive. There will be loads of GTI's driving about South Africa, as I know you guys love them down there, but very few clubsports.
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 03 May 2017, 19:58 »
Drive them both mate, see which one you like.  Personally, I'd go for the facelift GTI, but then I'm a sucker for having the latest toy/gadget etc, and the changes to the 7.5 certainly differentiate it from the 7 - but it's personal preference at the end of the day.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 03 May 2017, 20:58 »
Drive them both mate, see which one you like.  Personally, I'd go for the facelift GTI, but then I'm a sucker for having the latest toy/gadget etc, and the changes to the 7.5 certainly differentiate it from the 7 - but it's personal preference at the end of the day.

I'm the same but after driving my sisters clubsport at the weekend I would go for the clubsport, I'm still not sure if DSG is best though.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline LRWmotorsport

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 04 May 2017, 06:59 »
Clubsport.
DSG is fantastic for road use.
2015 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd #55
2016 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd (again) #25 & BARC Intermarque
2017 BRSCC PGTI CHAMPIONS #24

Offline MJ-GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 04 May 2017, 14:13 »
Thank you for your inputs. I have made up my mind i am going for the Clubsport  :smiley:. We only get 5 door GTIs in South Africa. I have also confirmed, the first batch of the facelift that we have received in South Africa is also missing fog lights, i am even more happier with my Clubsport decision. Seems like VW UK is not the only market with missing fog lights.
Current: Mk7 GTI | 5-Door | Pure White | DSG |

Previous: VW Polo 1.6 Comfortline

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #9 on: 04 May 2017, 14:52 »
Thank you for your inputs. I have made up my mind i am going for the Clubsport  :smiley:. We only get 5 door GTIs in South Africa. I have also confirmed, the first batch of the facelift that we have received in South Africa is also missing fog lights, i am even more happier with my Clubsport decision. Seems like VW UK is not the only market with missing fog lights.
You won't regret your decision
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16