Author Topic: Missing Fog lights  (Read 53918 times)

Offline MEZZA

• Not said much yet
Re: Missing Fog lights
« Reply #20 on: 25 April 2017, 16:25 »
Wasn't there mention on the other thread that someone had spoken to a dealer and was told there was a fog light
"function" within the main LED light units ? - is this not true ? (sounded a bit dubious to me as fog lights historically
have always been set lower than the main lights on any car in order to work effectively)  - even if it was true I still prefer the bumper fogs for the reasons stated.

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #21 on: 25 April 2017, 17:44 »
Static cornering lights were in main lights on the mk7 with some headlights (Xenons), maybe the dealer confused that.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline GTI-J

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 25 April 2017, 19:50 »
I received the assurance below from VW on 5th April 17 so I'd be pretty unhappy if my car turned up without them.

"Hi Jonathan, we're unable to comment on the vehicles that you've seen without knowing any further details however, we can confirm that front fog lights are standard on the new Golf GTI."

They were sent a link to this post so they're well aware of the issue.
5DR GTI PP 7.5, Indium, ordered 28 April 17, delivered 1 Sept 17, 19" Brecias, DSG, Lane Assist Plus, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Reverse cam, DCC, Climate screen, Art Velour seats, 90% tints.

GTI history: MK7 PP Reflex Silver, MK6 Carbon Grey; MK5 United Grey; MK4 Reflex Silver; MK3 Tornado Red; MK2 Atlas Grey

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 25 April 2017, 20:01 »
I received the assurance below from VW on 5th April 17 so I'd be pretty unhappy if my car turned up without them.

"Hi Jonathan, we're unable to comment on the vehicles that you've seen without knowing any further details however, we can confirm that front fog lights are standard on the new Golf GTI."

They were sent a link to this post so they're well aware of the issue.

So in other words, prepare yourself for disappointment.... Personally though for you, I hope it'll be fine. I just have doubts.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 25 April 2017, 20:06 »
I picked up my factory order today and it did not have foglights, it will be interesting to see what the outcome of this is. I'm not bothered about fogs but I understand people's frustrations.

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 25 April 2017, 20:42 »
I picked up my factory order today and it did not have foglights, it will be interesting to see what the outcome of this is. I'm not bothered about fogs but I understand people's frustrations.
How did your conversation with the dealer pan out?
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 25 April 2017, 21:11 »
How did your conversation with the dealer pan out?

I told them I wasn't fussed and actually prefer it without them, they said that they have actually had someone cancel their order already about the fog situation. They are certainly aware of it but as dealers it's not their fault so IMO they shouldn't have to reimburse customers. VW UK should sort it all out.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #27 on: 25 April 2017, 21:35 »
It's the stone wall of silence from vw UK that's the crap thing here. Pr disaster. Again.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline shadow2

• Just got here
« Reply #28 on: 25 April 2017, 21:37 »
The dealer talked to VW and i'very contacted them too and am waiting for a reply. As has been said where would it stop if they can just say we changed the spec. a 1.4 instead of a 2 litre? The brochure, emailed spec from the dealer and online configuration tool all say they have front fogs. What was the outcome when they were missing off Mark 7's?
« Last Edit: 25 April 2017, 21:43 by shadow2 »

Offline Adamw1987

• Just got here
« Reply #29 on: 26 April 2017, 10:34 »
Just at my dealer collecting mine they have said that mine is a misfit without fogs as they are due to be on them