Author Topic: Awaiting arrival of GTI...  (Read 1719 times)

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
Awaiting arrival of GTI...
« on: 31 March 2017, 17:01 »
A big hello, I have just ordered a 5 Dr GTI in Indium Grey with DSG, Dynaudio and 19" Brescias. I Owned 2 MK1 GTis back in my youth!

Seems to be about 12-14 weeks wait right?
« Last Edit: 31 March 2017, 17:10 by hobbes22 »
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: Awaiting arrival of GTI...
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2017, 17:44 »
Welcome

Nice spec you've ordered there... :smiley:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 02 April 2017, 21:52 »
Oh well, Change of plan!

I have just cancelled my order for the new Golf, as i have just bought a 8 month old Golf, Solid White with Performance Pack for a good price from a dealer in Gloucester. Pick it up a week on Tuesday.
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 03 April 2017, 06:07 »
^^^^Really...? can I ask why, I'm intrigued.

So it's a PP is the rest of the spec standard then..?

Still not a bad decision so I'm sure your love it nonetheless.

Oh and I prefer to call it "Pure White"  :grin:

Got any pics yet..?
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 03 April 2017, 07:03 »
Maybe its Pure White then.  :grin:

I was unsure whether to get DSG or Manual, but i've always been a manual type of guy - so, even though i'd ordered DSG as i liked it on the car I test drove, once i test drove the manual over the weekend i just preferred it.

The white manual GTI i test drove is 8 months old and on sale for 22,900 with 4000 miles on the clock. I was spending closer to 30 on the new one. So the 7000 saving also helped the decision! I was impressed with the standard stereo, so wont miss the Dynaudio i don't think. The wheels yeah, I liked the 19's so will keep an eye out for some maybe, but it has the PP and Keyless, but its my first GTI for quite a few years so can't wait till next tuesday now!  :laugh:

Is your GTD standard ride height with 19's? It looks really nice!
« Last Edit: 03 April 2017, 07:06 by hobbes22 »

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 03 April 2017, 20:32 »
Sounds like you got a good deal and you had your sensible head on when deciding.

Yeah have BBS SR's 19's on the standard setup. When I placed my order back in `November I tried ordering Panroof & the 19in Santi's together but told I couldn't so decided on the Panroof over the 19s as I knew what wheels I was gonna go for if I couldn't spec the Santi's.