Author Topic: Swissvax Quick Interior Finish - review  (Read 5684 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Swissvax Quick Interior Finish - review
« on: 18 March 2017, 15:29 »
As I gave the exterior a spruce up yesterday, the interior was looking a little bit of a state so I gave it good clean today.  Eschewing my usual much loved go-to interior products of Poorboys Natural Look Dressing and Gliptone Leather cleaner and conditioner, I instead opted to try some Swissvax Quick Interior Finish I had bought a while back when I went on a Swissvax buying frenzy.  I used my usual WoWo microfibres for applying the cleaner/dressing and a new plush Swissvax microfibre for buffing over.

The usual suspects put to one side on this occasion

The new interlopers

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/swissvax/quick-interior-finish-250ml.aspx

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/swissvax/micro-fluffy-wax-towel-anthracite-with-red-edge.aspx

The Swissvax Quick Interior Finishis very nice to use – spray onto a microfibre and wipe over all surfaces then a quick buff over with a plush MF.  It was very easy to use, left no residue or stickiness which some dressings have a tendency (not Poorboys).  Aside from the ease of use, the best thing about it was how well it cleaned and the finish it imparted.  The interior of the car had not been cleaned for about 2 months and had taken a bit of a hit and plenty of encrusted mud and general winter detritus throughout. The SV Quick Finish Interior cut through all that much more effectively than I could have imagined and I didn’t need to use too much either (as it’s not cheap!).  Very effective. 

The other thing area where it really excels is the finish – a lovely very matte finish on trim and leather.  I loath it when trim (obviously not the gloss piano trim) looks shiny and it’s really important to find products that counter this.  This is one such product.  Performed very well on this score. 

I used it on all parts of the interior – textured trim, gloss piano trim, all leather, media screen, dash binnacles, all hard plastics.  It works very effectively on the lot!   Very happy with it.   

The Swissvax double fleece microfibre is superb for buffing off.  It’s really for buffing off wax but thought I’d give it a go on the interior and worked well, apart from being a little to bulky for some areas as it’s so thick.  But very absorbant and a quick flick over with it was all that was needed to leave the trim looking good.

All done

Finished off by giving it a good vaccum with the Metro Vac n Blo and used the mini tools (so good) on aircon vents etc, along with a can of compressed air and a ValetPro detailing brush to chase stubborn dust from dust trap nooks. 

The only thing I wasn’t sure about with the Swissvax Quick Interior Finish was the smell.  It’s quite a strong marzipan scent which is an acquired taste, and it felt a little like sitting inside a Battenberg cake afterwards, though my daughter got in the car and said, “ooh what’s that nice smell”.  Anyway soon remedied, as I cracked open the Gliptone big gun and stuck it in the underseat drawer.

« Last Edit: 18 March 2017, 16:07 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: Swissvax Quick Interior Finish - review
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2017, 17:49 »
Ah an interior to match the exterior, great work...sounds like it's a good bit of kit but I'm not sure I could stand the smell.
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 18 March 2017, 18:08 »
Great job and nice review. I like marzipan so eu natural sounds great :laugh:

I'm not sure if it's just my crappy old tablet but I had a right job downloading this post, in the end I had to have a wine and cheese break! Was rather good though, date and walnut crackers, a creamy french cheese (picked up in Paris last weekend) and just a dribble of Bordeaux (from Tesco, other supermarkets are available...).
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2017, 19:02 »
Ah an interior to match the exterior, great work...sounds like it's a good bit of kit but I'm not sure I could stand the smell.

Thanks Mr GTD.  I think the smell will be short-lived but will find out soon enough but I expect the Gliptone air freshener which smells amazingly leathery has cancelled it out.  Or there will be some weird hybrid marzipan/leather scent by morning.  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 18 March 2017, 19:05 »
Great job and nice review. I like marzipan so eu natural sounds great :laugh:

I'm not sure if it's just my crappy old tablet but I had a right job downloading this post, in the end I had to have a wine and cheese break! Was rather good though, date and walnut crackers, a creamy french cheese (picked up in Paris last weekend) and just a dribble of Bordeaux (from Tesco, other supermarkets are available...).

Well glad you managed to fit the time with a good snack and refreshment.  Not sure why you had problems, loads instantly for me apart from 2 of the pics which don't seem to want to show correctly being either wrongly rotated (on a laptop) or distorted (on a device), same photo source (Flickr) for all so just a blip with those two which occasionally happens. 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual