Author Topic: Car shampoo  (Read 4236 times)

Offline Snooze

• I live here
Car shampoo
« on: 04 March 2017, 08:38 »
Hi, I'm after some new car shampoo. Rebecca you recommend the do do juice range. Could you advise me as to which one I should get? Don't want to spend too much! Thanks
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Zack

• Not said much yet
Re: Car shampoo
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2017, 09:42 »

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2017, 10:11 »
I have used various shampoos from a variety of detailing brands and I always go back to Autoglym bodywork conditioner due to slickness and price. You can get 2.5 litres of this for the price of 1 litre of other brands and you can pick it up from Halfords if you're in a pinch.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 04 March 2017, 10:49 »
I always have a 2.5 litre container of Auto Glym in my detailing supplies, which IMO is hard to beat as an all rounder, and is good value too. I'm in a hard water area, so it doesn't make many suds though, it still performs well.

I also like to try other brands and I'm currently using Chemical Guys Extreme Bodywash and Wax. I really like this and have just replaced my first bottle; smells like bubble gum, great slickness and you don't need to use much. Not cheap though, so don't use it every time; £8.95 for 16 fluid oz (just under 1/2 litre) at Clean Your Car;

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/car-wash-shampoos/chemical-guys-bodywash-and-wax/prod_144.html
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 04 March 2017, 13:29 »
Hi, I'm after some new car shampoo. Rebecca you recommend the do do juice range. Could you advise me as to which one I should get? Don't want to spend too much! Thanks

Hi Snooze,

I love Dodo Juice shampoos and my favourite is DJ Supernatural as per Mr GTD's link above, but another great one is DJ Born to be Mild Shampoo (PH Neutral).  http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=490

Of the two I prefer the Supernatural.  It's a concentrated shampoo so you only need a bit and it foams up well but the it's best qualities are its lubricity which is excellent and means the mitt glides very easily over the panels reducing the need for any kind of pressure and thus reducing the friction between mitt and panel which means less risk of swirls.  Cleaning properties are fantastic.  Really good shampoo, highly recommend.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 05 March 2017, 17:48 »
Thanks all!
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline gabruno

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 06 March 2017, 08:07 »
Car chem 1900-1 gets my vote. It's a good product.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 13 March 2017, 17:40 »
I have used various shampoos from a variety of detailing brands and I always go back to Autoglym bodywork conditioner due to slickness and price. You can get 2.5 litres of this for the price of 1 litre of other brands and you can pick it up from Halfords if you're in a pinch.

I'm another fan of AG shampoo. I also use it as a snow foam. I buy it in 25 litre containers from the AG trade supplies van that goes arounf the garages here. From memory the last lot was less that £50.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline RDC

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 13 March 2017, 18:24 »
Not a big Chemical Guys fan but love their GlossWorkz shampoo. Very slick, smells great and leaves a really good finish on my Pure White car.http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/car-wash-shampoos/chemical-guys-glossworkz-shampoo/prod_917.html