Author Topic: This is what Professional Detailing can actually achieve  (Read 11561 times)

Offline Mike J

• GTI forum regular
Golf Mk 7.

The Process
Following PDI and plating the car was left untouched by the dealers following my express request, I had told them I would refuse the car if the plates were drilled or any transport packing was removed!
This was the first time they had ever been told to do this in over 1000 new Golfs.
Before driving I removed the labels off the windscreen and film off the steering wheel and gear knob for safety and then I drove it the eight miles to Tim Bomford of Envy Detailing in Gosport (Hants) for my mid morning appointment.
I collected the car mid afternoon two days later and returned to the dealers to complete the handover process.

At the dealers I parked the car infront of the main showroom (Exec. stand) and you only have to look at the photographs to see the staggering difference between the dealer prepared cars and what a dedicated Professional can acheive.

Was I chuffed, no I was over the moon!!

Thank you Tim for all your superb professionalism it was worth every penny, and to Booth for your patience and assistance with the image transfers.

[/quote]

« Last Edit: 07 November 2016, 07:34 by Mike J »

Online Watts

• Forum addict
Re: This is what Professional Detailing can actually achieve
« Reply #1 on: 06 November 2016, 14:19 »
That certainly looks good Mike. Now you just have to maintain it! Well worth all the effort though.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 06 November 2016, 17:51 »
Car is looking stunning Mike.  Well worth having done.  Get few basic maintenance kit set up (see your other thread) and it should be easy to keep in top of.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Mike J

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 21 December 2016, 14:48 »
Hi All,
Well after a couple of months from new I actually decided to try (consider is more like) cleaning it myself......

So referencing Booth 11's advice I gave Tim at Envy Detailing to arrange to collect the materials I would need. Buckets, mitts, water (what COLD water in winter OMG) special towels, various coloured stuff in bottles, more stuff for the alloys, oh noooooooo!!!

Suffice to say I took the car down to Envy on Monday morning and spent a pleasent couple of hours chating to Tim while he cleaned it for me  :whistle:
Cheap at twice the price.

Now she is as good as new and nothing less than she deserves.

Sorry, but not exactly detailing, more how nice it is to drive a sparklingly clean car!

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 21 December 2016, 18:05 »
Hi All,
Well after a couple of months from new I actually decided to try (consider is more like) cleaning it myself......

So referencing Booth 11's advice I gave Tim at Envy Detailing to arrange to collect the materials I would need. Buckets, mitts, water (what COLD water in winter OMG) special towels, various coloured stuff in bottles, more stuff for the alloys, oh noooooooo!!!

Suffice to say I took the car down to Envy on Monday morning and spent a pleasent couple of hours chating to Tim while he cleaned it for me  :whistle:
Cheap at twice the price.

Now she is as good as new and nothing less than she deserves.

Sorry, but not exactly detailing, more how nice it is to drive a sparklingly clean car!

Pictures please or it never happened :wink:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 22 December 2016, 08:32 »

Scroll back up the page. It will look just the same as in those pictures.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 22 December 2016, 09:49 »

We won't know for sure unless we see the evidence :wink:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 22 December 2016, 12:10 »

We won't know for sure unless we see the evidence :wink:

Posting pics of your washed/detailed car is frowned upon.  :wink:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 22 December 2016, 12:23 »
 :grin: :grin: :grin: :kiss:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual